Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

2 minutes ago, Johnsond said:

Hard to say or give specifics at this stage but my gut feeling is that it won’t go unanswered. In particular with it being the Poles.

My prediction is they will withdraw diplomats, roundly condemn etc. but no way will they launch any sort of retaliatory action over a mistake.

Unless they wanted a war before this happened, and will use this as an excuse, then they’ll leave it at that.

NATO should do what they should of done before Russia invaded and move into Ukraine. It was obvious that Russia was going to invade when they were carrying out exercises prior to the special military operation. NATO should move in as a peace keeping force just like the UN did in Bosnia and Kosovo. Russia used to be treated with a certain amount of respect as a military fighting force? Not any more. They’re poorly trained, poorly equipped and poorly led. They’d be nothing without the threat of nuclear weapons.

This is nothing new. Between 2005 and 2015, according to the MoD, there
have been at least 94 incidents where Russians have flown into UK airspace. Of these, 23 were reported in the press.

The most recent was this February.

Russia likes to test response times.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, GarethM said:

Well we've given the French another what 10 million for absolutely sweet fa.

Whilst I see the idea behind paying them to do something, maybe we should rethink the whole 63 million scheme.

For each successful crossing we deduct 10k per person, as we aren't returning anyone and they're going to be here forever.

Would the numbers actually increase if we paid them zilch?.

There was a video on the news the other day showing the French police doing an excellent job of doing absolutely nothing. Boats of people traffickers just off shore while a load of immigrants waded in to climb into the boats to set sail for good old blighty. All the while the French police just stood there watching! Apparently they 'couldn't' intervene, yeah bolloxs.

Yep another £10 million spunked away.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sutton said:

This is nothing new. Between 2005 and 2015, according to the MoD, there
have been at least 94 incidents where Russians have flown into UK airspace. Of these, 23 were reported in the press.

The most recent was this February.

Russia likes to test response times.

I think that goes on all the time with every nation but I think its a little bit different than bombs killing civilians.

Hopefully a mistake but since the Russians are denying that it even happened it does sound like they are pushing boundaries.

I guess Ukraine will get a lot more ant-aircraft weapons now!