Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

36 minutes ago, Mark J said:

Why do you think that P&O haven't replaced any of their French employees during this restructuring move? 

No idea Mark but as I’ve said already it was happening way way before brexit. Free movement of cheap labour bud ??. Myself and a team of guys were swapped out for Latvian agency workers on a cable recovery job in UK waters before the brexit referendum so to claim it wouldn’t have happened is bollocks. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mark J said:

Why do you think that P&O haven't replaced any of their French employees during this restructuring move? 

Is p&o french by any chance or is it because they know the French will just block the ports?

Edited by billy_wizz
More

48 minutes ago, Johnsond said:

No idea Mark but as I’ve said already it was happening way way before brexit. Free movement of cheap labour bud ??. Myself and a team of guys were swapped out for Latvian agency workers on a cable recovery job in UK waters before the brexit referendum so to claim it wouldn’t have happened is bollocks. 

Did 800 of you lose your jobs or was it just for that contract?

2 minutes ago, Mark J said:

Did 800 of you lose your jobs or was it just for that contract?

Don’t be awkward eh Mark. Nope it was 14 of us on that occasion, I’ve always been a contractor/self employed so never been on the books permanently. The point is it’s been going on for years especially after free movement of Labour etc. The 800 is nothing compared to the real numbers of people this has happened too, only difference is this grabs the headlines. The new forth crossing, Rosyth where the aircraft carriers were built etc etc thousands of foreign workers. End of the day it’s down to greed Mark pure greed from company owners wanting to maximise profit be it through lower wages or tax avoidance etc. 

2 minutes ago, Johnsond said:

Don’t be awkward eh Mark. Nope it was 14 of us on that occasion, I’ve always been a contractor/self employed so never been on the books permanently. The point is it’s been going on for years especially after free movement of Labour etc. The 800 is nothing compared to the real numbers of people this has happened too, only difference is this grabs the headlines. The new forth crossing, Rosyth where the aircraft carriers were built etc etc thousands of foreign workers. End of the day it’s down to greed Mark pure greed from company owners wanting to maximise profit be it through lower wages or tax avoidance etc. 

Not really comparable then. 

I agree with the last bit though.

Edited by Mark J

Just now, Mark J said:

Not really comparable then. 

You think not 🤷‍♂️so be it 14 or thousands of people experiencing the same thing doesn’t matter because they may be self employed but because it’s a head line  grabbing ( for a few days ) figure it’s more worthy 🤷‍♂️. Kid yourself it’s down to Brexit if you want. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Johnsond said:

You think not 🤷‍♂️so be it 14 or thousands of people experiencing the same thing doesn’t matter because they may be self employed but because it’s a head line  grabbing ( for a few days ) figure it’s more worthy 🤷‍♂️. Kid yourself it’s down to Brexit if you want. 

Delude yourself that it's nothing to do with it if you want.
At least covid and Epstein clatter seem to be out of favour now.

APPLE.NEWS

Staff, unions and MPs express outrage and travellers are told to expect disruption.

You never know the fallout from being so blatantly callous and greedy may be enough to change the minds of those in charge. Never good to show your true colours when it comes to financial motives be it over employees or tax avoidance etc. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mark J said:

Delude yourself that it's nothing to do with it if you want.
At least covid and Epstein clatter seem to be out of favour now.

Epstein!!!! I don’t give a shit about any of that or that waster Andrew and as for Covid well it’s funny how that’s virtually disappeared eh Mark 🙄. MSM moved onto something else to fool the masses with. Imagine being one of those whom pumped out the killing granny line ffs you’d feel a right dick.