Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

16 hours ago, Mark J said:

They should get rid of monuments to people with shady pasts. Whack them in the empty houses of parliament when they build that new one in Milton Keynes, as a permanent reminder of what happens when the ruling classes get above their station.

Just statues Mark, what about features of world heritage status?

3A02BD84-0CC2-4C55-908C-E330417B06C0.jpeg

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, kevinjohnsonmbe said:

Just statues Mark, what about features of world heritage status?

3A02BD84-0CC2-4C55-908C-E330417B06C0.jpeg

I don't know the answer to that. They've got rid of statues of Hitler and that seems to have gone down alright. They got rid of Jimmy Saville. Thatcher and Churchill next.

There's no evidence that the pyramids were built by slaves.

Edited by Mark J

33 minutes ago, Mark J said:

I don't know the answer to that. They've got rid of statues of Hitler and that seems to have gone down alright. They got rid of Jimmy Saville. Thatcher and Churchill next.

So Mark you see no good in the leadership that Churchill provided at a point in History that could have conceivably brought about the destruction of the whole country ?? 
like all individuals he had flaws in his character as do you and I. 
Seems like the whole BLM media driven hype is causing nothing but division and a growing level of resentment at what looks like a attempt to rewrite history to suit the current accepted norms. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Mark J said:

14093127-4026-4F71-AFD0-EB7E7009F2CC.gif

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, Johnsond said:

So Mark you see no good in the leadership that Churchill provided at a point in History that could have conceivably brought about the destruction of the whole country ?? 
like all individuals he had flaws in his character as do you and I. 
Seems like the whole BLM media driven hype is causing nothing but division and a growing level of resentment at what looks like a attempt to rewrite history to suit the current accepted norms. 

I suppose that Saville should be remembered for his philanthropy if that's the case.

I disagree. All this media-driven statue clatter is detracting from what BLM are about. Which is protesting against police murdering black people.

Edited by Mark J

37 minutes ago, Mark J said:

I disagree. All this media-driven statue clatter is detracting from what BLM are about. Which is protesting against police murdering black people.

The statue clatter will be all forgotten by the end of the weekend. 

The focus will have shifted (already started with Mayor Khan’t and James OBrexit this morning) to ‘extreme, far right, racist, fascists counter protest descending into apocalyptic violence’ which will send the gutter press and BBC / C4 into a full on glacial melt as they fall over themselves to report a couple of pissed up football yoofs having a ding-dong with some purple headed lefty whilst completely flossing over the (anticipated) Marxist organised, wide spread vandalism, violence and general lawlessness which will undoubtedly follow the BLT protests. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mark J said:

I suppose that Saville should be remembered for his philanthropy if that's the case.

Fool