Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

Does anyone else think that is the Police hadn't been subjected to so many cuts in order to bail out bankers, terrorist attacks like these would be less likely? More police on the beat has been proven to be a massive deterrent.

I think you don't know what you are talking about. More police on the beat is unlikely to have stopped Manchester.

To blame Manchester on austerity is quite frankly insulting.

Manchester can be blamed on two main things:

1. A religion that encourages members to kill non members.

2. People that have spent decades defending that religion.

They interviewed a security expert on Radio 4 earlier who stated that the troops on the streets will be under Police control, thus freeing up armed police for deployment elsewhere. Interviewer then asks ''so this is because of a short fall in police officers?'' His answer - ''Yes''.

Troops on the street is not because the threat level has been raised to critical but because the then Home Secretary, the PM who now wants your vote, has cut police numbers to a level that puts the people she wants to vote for her in danger. Strong and Stable ? ...:001_rolleyes:

Well said.

The Conervatives cut 20 000 police jobs in the last few years. Now we have the army on the street.

It takes about 30 intelligence officers to monitor a suspect 24/7.

That means 20,000 police could monitor about 650 suspects.

There are about 3,000 high risk suspects on our streets.

PS well done, it seems you've had your "light bulb" moment.

Yes she, tweeted about it being time for a "Final Solution". It was redacted and retweeted as a "Sure solution". I don't believe she didn't know the difference. I do believe you may not have seen it though.

When they say that The bomber was known to security services, then why wasn't he subject to a more thorough investigation? Especially if, as reported, he'd recently returned from Libya.

The current gov aren't about to make funds for these investigations to take place. When you say "taking direct control over immigration" what do you actually mean?

Thanks! :lol: You can take that as true... If I had seen it, or been aware of it, I would have said so :thumbup1:

Now I do know about it, in so far as you have described it, I couldn't give a monkey's. It's semantics. Surely you are not seriously suggesting she wants to implement a holocaust style genocide as a "solution" or mitigation to the current islamist problem? Seriously, you're not are you??

Are you suggesting the words "final" and "solution" should be eradicated from the Oxford English dictionary just in case there could be some paranoid aversion to the use of the words for fear of a historic association of the phrase when the words are joined together.... Mark, please, you're bigger than that.

The sheer police prescence of bobbies on the beat would be a deterrent in itself.

We need to look at ways to deal with the problem in the long term, not just immediately.

I don't think anyone wants to go down the road of internment camps of the kind favoured by nazis, so we need to think of a way to sort it. Banging on about it won't help.

Thanks! :lol: You can take that as true... If I had seen it, or been aware of it, I would have said so :thumbup1:

Now I do know about it, in so far as you have described it, I couldn't give a monkey's. It's semantics. Surely you are not seriously suggesting she wants to implement a holocaust style genocide as a "solution" or mitigation to the current islamist problem? Seriously, you're not are you??

Are you suggesting the words "final" and "solution" should be eradicated from the Oxford English dictionary just in case there could be some paranoid aversion to the use of the words for fear of a historic association of the phrase when the words are joined together.... Mark, please, you're bigger than that.

She's been known to retweet neo nazi pages in the past. I'm certain that she was well aware of that particular pairing of the words "final" and "solution". She wasn't suggesting actually building camps but the reference to eradication of a group of people was unmistakable.

Does anyone else think that is the Police hadn't been subjected to so many cuts in order to bail out bankers, terrorist attacks like these would be less likely? More police on the beat has been proven to be a massive deterrent.

No.

It's not the "cuts" you seem so desperately to want to believe are the cause of the current deficiency in armed police officers.

The UK has never had (relatively) high numbers of armed police. It's been a conscious decision over many decades that it should be so.

The current European terrorist "risk" status has grown faster than organic policing capabilities have been able to adapt.

Op Temperer is an appropriate (albeit potentially perceived as radical) use and deployment of public services.

The military will take a fixed role in physical security of pre-determined areas thus releasing the firearms trained police from those areas to raise the armed policing profile in the public eye. It's subtly different from hysteria about "troops on the streets."

It takes about 30 intelligence officers to monitor a suspect 24/7.

That means 20,000 police could monitor about 650 suspects.

There are about 3,000 high risk suspects on our streets.

PS well done, it seems you've had your "light bulb" moment.

Emplying 20000 people to monitor 650 people who want to kill kids is madness. They need to be gone if are involved in such activities

18622428_10154481168562761_9031157759225428423_n.jpg.757adab3023ab7b860e8cc263df7f15f.jpg

How about trialling the idea that any terrorist who dies in the act passes any and all charges he should be tried for to his immediate family with the harshest punishment deportation.

Knowing actions would carry consequences to his/her family may be a game changer?!

Thoughts?