matelot

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I very much doubt a couple of paragraphs of text will solve the worlds problems, the problem is huge and terrifying.

My thoughts to all innocent people caught up in this hatred!

Huge and terrifying is probably an understatement. I can't image any reasonable way in which these issues will be overcome. Watching Ross Kemp on Isis last night, where the issue of a Kurdish state on the border of Turkey was raised. Where will it all end? If it ever does!

They believe their holy book was written by god. I can absolutely guarantee that if a scholar starts rewriting it he will be killed. If a scholar starts criticising it he will get killed.

How many times do you have to get punched before you realise you're in a fight?

I didn't mention rewriting the Koran, I said expose it for what it is...

A fraud...

If it can shown that Islam was slowly invented as a foundation myth for the Arab conquerors, why would Muslims believe or take it serious?...

Why would Muslims emulate a man that never even existed until a Saracen scholar invented him.. made up the story..

And Muslims don't mind if you argue against their faith, what they don't seem to like is if you insult Islam... arguing about and exposing the Koran is not insulting Islam its bringing light onto the subject...

The more light that can be shone on Islam the better for everyone.. not least for the sake of the Muslims.. they've been conned and they aught to know it..

Faith is all about exactly that! - whatever the religion.

IIRC Buddhists accept the fact that others may chose to worship their own gods, but most religions preach the defensive 'ours is right all others are wrong' philosophy.

The ambiguous wordings are open to different interpretations.

It seems to boil down to what individuals or groups decide is the right interpretation.

At the moment it seems like there are some very aggressive muslims who are getting all the publicity.

You can present them with what you consider facts all you like, but the FAITH will lead then to disbelieve your facts.

As someone once said - if there is a war beteween muslims and christians, God help us.

Both of them.