Any advice?

MattJordan

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think this is the problem: This guy has paid you cheques for the work undertaken by yourself. He has then realised that firstly you are not self employed and that secondly he would then be responsible for paying your NI and tax. At the point you give him a reciept for the payments you are then responsible to make these payments to HMRC.

All depends on your original agreements but I woulnd give any kind of recipt untill you have recieved sound advice!

No, i dont think anyone else on here will ever give out that advice, Nor do i expect them too, Id like to point out that its not the view of the forum its my own personal feeling, I went threw years of being threatend and bullied as teenager and one day finally stood up for myself and it REALLY gets me when i here storys like this, Maybe i shouldnt of wrote what i wrote but i cant hide my feelings when it comes to this subject

Standing up to a bully does NOT require you to hit them in th face with a hammer.

How does that make you any better than them?????

If he did as you advocate, he would find himself in prison.

Violence is is the resort of the weak and stupid, an intelligent person will ALMOST always find another way.

Standing up to a bully does NOT require you to hit them in th face with a hammer.

How does that make you any better than them?????

If he did as you advocate, he would find himself in prison.

Violence is is the resort of the weak and stupid, an intelligent person will ALMOST always find another way.

I agree with you totally, as i say, its my past that impairs me when it comes to this subject and as i say, Maybe i shouldnt of said what i said

It must be very difficult but for you being young its hard sometimes to stand up for yourself this guy knows this and is taking advantage of you in a big way .

The receipts would be as the other posters said to do with self assessment and Tax .

Don't work for him anymore he is a bad apple in the basket he us using you to suit his own ends as and when he feels like it . The words( Get lost and don't contact me again) are appropriate for the likes of he . If he continues the threats then fight with Fire or get someone bigger then you to do it for you ..

You will find a good company and nice lads to work with soon .

All the best

Eastwater

I think this is the problem: This guy has paid you cheques for the work undertaken by yourself. He has then realised that firstly you are not self employed and that secondly he would then be responsible for paying your NI and tax. At the point you give him a reciept for the payments you are then responsible to make these payments to HMRC.

All depends on your original agreements but I woulnd give any kind of recipt untill you have recieved sound advice!

If you suspect the above is the case word your receipts `wages received` but regardless stay calm and professional and polite ... your paths may cross again in your profession

It is probably what you want to do and what he deserves! But de-escalation is your best course of action. After all you don't want to waste to much time and energy on him, i'm sure you have much better things to be doing.

I'm not going to add much more to the advice here, just to say its not your fault that he has not run his business in the best way, its his. He is responsible for his own business. Best of luck. Move onwards and upwards, and dont let this person put you off a fulfilling career.:001_smile: