Helicoil Friction Hitch info help!

Alex

A lot depends on how its tied though, a loose distel is more scarey than a tight helical, although a really loose vt is probably the most suicidal of them all....

At least with the helical the tightness of the hitch is permanently set with the bowline, as long as it grips reliably I cant see its any less secure than a distel.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Have to say I'm still liking the Howard Hitch, performed really well today on a big climb.:thumbup:

I'll second that Tom.

Just been using it on main line with the Hc all last week, suits my style nicely :thumbup1:

Although.........whilst chatting with Rich Allmond around this a few weeks back, he then went and phoned Paul Howard, who then said; he doesn't actually use it himself these days.

Apparantly prefers the Vt.

Appologies Alex, I don't really have any experience on the Helical :blushing:

Here's a shot of an post climb/badly dressed Howards :blushing:

DSC00312.JPG.6c6ae0079f59fffb0ff244123d1f5ef5.JPG

Edited by Monkey-D

I'll second that Tom.

Just been using it on main line with the Hc all last week, suits my style nicely :thumbup1:

Although.........whilst chatting with Rich Allmond around this a few weeks back, he then went and phoned Paul Howard, who then said; he doesn't actually use it himself these days.

Apparantly prefers the Vt.

Appologies Alex, I don't really have any experience on the Helical :blushing:

Here's a shot of an post climb/badly dressed Howards :blushing:

Without the HC I think the VT wins hands down but with the HC the Howard is king. IME to make a VT work properly with the HC you need quite long legs (on the hitch), that means you have a lot of sitback when ascending or foot locking, the howard can be tied shorter and still perform well.:thumbup1: