Show your tractors

Will Cobb

The type of trees you do, they aren't all straight and the 1 size, even ratcheting them down, a couple of bounces along the road, I used to pull over and tighten things up.

There was always movement!

I remember someone on this forum loading a flatbed with 8ft beech logs as a return load for a steel haulier, there was no headboard and just demountable bolsters with each bay held by 2 ratchets.

Lorry driver decided to play chicken on a narrow downhill road but anchored up when he lost, top of front bay slid out of the bolsters and landed vertically in front of 5th wheel taking out all the air hoses.

That became a very long night.

Nice machine, need some weight on the back of though Oakley..

Thanks tom, your right, we normally have a heavy flail on the back and the machine works much better. Like your set up, we had similar until last year (not quite as nice tbh) but we got a fair bit grief from vosa and traffic officers and decided to give it up. Assuming u r agri registered and doing arb road miles, could I ask if you ever have a problem?

Mines ag/forestry registered and we do a lot of road miles but thats ok if you're doing ag/forestry work.. The job we did today was for a big estate so no problem there. The problems come when you start doing domestics.

That said the firm I used to work for do pretty much nothing but domestics running 2 mogs and a valtra, to the best of my knowledge they still run on red. Just as they did 10 years ago when I was there.

Mines ag/forestry registered and we do a lot of road miles but thats ok if you're doing ag/forestry work.. The job we did today was for a big estate so no problem there. The problems come when you start doing domestics.

That said the firm I used to work for do pretty much nothing but domestics running 2 mogs and a valtra, to the best of my knowledge they still run on red. Just as they did 10 years ago when I was there.

Yep u r right we had a problem on arb work in town, no way to claim forestry. Think we were un lucky (pulled twice in a week), plenty other firms seem to get away with it!

There's our old rig

ImageUploadedByArbtalk1410301658.913493.jpg.63f686d72e74cd4d39cfb39d4aa98d2a.jpg