Used daughters bubble mixture in hand spray and this is what I found

Let me know what you think

DSC_0166.jpg.dea1951ddad81e5bf26dcbebf878d75e.jpg

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To consider:

As a regular eBay seller with two 100% favourable accounts, one with around 1500 transactions, I find it absolutely uncool when (very rarely, thankfully) people have issues with a saw then return it having made various half-arsed attempts to fix it.

IMO if you have a problem with an item, you return it or you accept it and sort it out yourself.

You absolutely SHOULD NOT poke around trying to fix it, then send it back.

Various reasons including further damage, loss of parts, ingress of filth into crank-case etc.

Just wanted to mention that as it is a real bete noir of mine, and I'm sure others who sell regularly.

That saw's worth fixing properly and holding onto IME.

One of the best and most durable midsize work horses ever made.

I've got two of em, still goin strong after all these years, all original.

Their weakest point's the starter recoil mechanism. They are a tad heavy as well.

Jomoco

Just to clarify

I bought the saw in good faith

I contacted the seller to tell them the problem and agreed

A price with the seller for the saw as it is, they have refunded me the difference and I OWN the saw.

The purpose of the thread is to find out why it happened

And maybe save someone else's saw

I could say a lot more,

But it would only derail the thread for those who are interested

I find many decomps leak and now just lap the things in and apply a little grease when pressure checking. I don't think this by itself will cause a major seize but guess it is possible but not likely.

Any decent tech will check out all the possible issues and then reset the carb to ensure it is running well and within spec.

I find many decomps leak and now just lap the things in and apply a little grease when pressure checking. I don't think this by itself will cause a major seize but guess it is possible but not likely.

Any decent tech will check out all the possible issues and then reset the carb to ensure it is running well and within spec.

Steve

Saw is now boxed up and will be sent down to you tomorrow, I will Pm you when I have more details

Thanks again

Frank

Cant believe a leaking deco valve would cause an engine to seize, looking at the pictures it has suffered a complete lubrication failure, if no obvious faults found then it looks like poor quailiy or not adiquate oil, pure and simple.

Cant believe a leaking deco valve would cause an engine to seize, looking at the pictures it has suffered a complete lubrication failure, if no obvious faults found then it looks like poor quailiy or not adiquate oil, pure and simple.

Time will tell,

It's possible that it's been run on poor quality fuel or not adequate oil or both

But not in the time I used it