18 ton grab lorry

Al Cormack

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Picked up the lorry today. When I got home, went to see if I could tax it online, but wasn't expecting to be able as it has no mot.

Vehicle tax website on checking vehicle details came up with "mot /gvt test certificate exemption declaration"

If I declsre this as correct it takes me to the payment page. Whilst it's tempting, it can't be right surely?

It's an 18t hook loader with a hiab, been mot'd before although the last one had an error on the dates. It was issued on 2nd September 2015 and expired end of Sept 2015.

The issue date was actually 2014.

Very strange...

Thats an online thing Al, DVLA and vosa dont have very good links and if DVLA see an attempt to tax an hgv out of test it automatically goes into default mode and assumes its MOT exempt, it then changes the taxation class. Post office will sort it out if you have the green slip.

Bob

Thats an online thing Al, DVLA and vosa dont have very good links and if DVLA see an attempt to tax an hgv out of test it automatically goes into default mode and assumes its MOT exempt, it then changes the taxation class. Post office will sort it out if you have the green slip.

Bob

OK, Bob. Booked in for mot on weds anyway. Didn't seem right to me.

Bob

Ironic considering dvla and vosa have merged into dvsa now. :lol:

So nearly passed the mot today. The air tank strap broke while I was jet washing it this morning 😡 All I could do was ratchet strap it on. New strap arriving tomorrow. And offside headlight aim!

I was expecting some steering ball joints or something nasty, so very pleased with that. Retest on Friday.