Battery saws, hedgers etc

Treemover

I was mulling over which brand to buy; and then it dawned on me which ever brand I buy; I'll more than likely stay with as I'll have the batts and charger.

So with a wider base to consider; between Stihl and Husqvarna; has anyone any comments on the battery blowers, hedgers, brush cutters etc.

They should be giving the top handles foc to get us locked in!!!

Wonder will dyson get into this market?

I recently bought the the larger back handle hedgecutters, ap 300 batter and fastest charger. Only used them on 2 jobs so far but very pleased with them so far. The reduction in noise and vibration was really noticeable. The battery seems to last ages and charges very quick 25 mins I think.

Did a couple of privet hedges today, its no fun having them petrol hedgers raised above the shoulders for an hour I can tell you, Chinese torture springs to mind.. then theres the petrol fumes blowin in your face.. all I was thinkin about was those battery operated Hedgers, and strimmers and a little top saw to finish off with..

Takes a bit of doin though to throw two grand at somethin your not entirely sure about..

Did a couple of privet hedges today, its no fun having them petrol hedgers raised above the shoulders for an hour I can tell you, Chinese torture springs to mind.. then theres the petrol fumes blowin in your face.. all I was thinkin about was those battery operated Hedgers, and strimmers and a little top saw to finish off with..

Takes a bit of doin though to throw two grand at somethin your not entirely sure about..

I got one of these...

Stihl HLA 85 battery long reach hedgecutter (shell only) (20" cut)

with the big battery and quick charger it came in a under £600.00.

Quieter, lighter, no fuel to buy, three hours battery life on a 20 minute charge, no ladders to transport and then fall off (!!) and the battery fits in their other products. Cuts well too.

Winner. :thumbup:

I think battery power will start to make inroads into everything. In my opinion it is the way forward. The cost of the actual machine is quite cheap once you have removed the petrol engine. The battery, I think, will always be quite expensive owing to the stress it has to cope with, its lifespan & the materials it's made with.

I have a Makita drill that is 20+ years old and still going strong pm the original battery.

I am saving hard to buy a new Etesia mower, battery powered of course! The battery is dearer than the mower itself but the thought of instant power with no noise, no servicing and no smell is a good one.

Tesla can't be on the wrong track either. An elderly neighbour did more than 10k miles on his electric trolley (more than he & his wife do in their car) last year so something's right!

codlasher

I have the Stihl battery long reach hedge cutter, normal better of the two hedge cutter, telescopic pole saw and bike handled new strimmer and I'm capped with them all.

I have two of the biggest batteries and the quick charger and have had no issues to date.

I went Stihl because at the time they had the best range of equipment which is pretty essential due to the cost of the batteries and charger. I would also like in the future the viking battery mower that takes the same battery.

It did pain me not to get the husky ones as i really fancied the battery top handled over the stihl but to be honest I have a mix of both makes of equipment and am quite happy with that.

:thumbup1:

Jim