When customers want to help!

Macca

You were cutting down a tree and being paid for it, your name was on the job and you were doing it with assistance (all be it you didn't want that assistance). You must legally insure anyone that helps you.

Do you genuinely think that a client who barges in and moves things without being asked to (or after being asked not to) has caused him to be in breach of mandatory employers' liability insurance law?!

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you genuinely think that a client who barges in and moves things without being asked to (or after being asked not to) has caused him to be in breach of mandatory employers' liability insurance law?!

Once he's in the hospital with a serious injury, the facts will mean little, it will all be down to what you can prove and what his "No win no fee" outfit can make stick.

"yes he said if I helped it would be cheaper, I had no idea it was so dangerous and assumed he was insured":sneaky2:

I would not want to risk it.

Once he's in the hospital with a serious injury, the facts will mean little, it will all be down to what you can prove and what his "No win no fee" outfit can make stick.

"yes he said if I helped it would be cheaper, I had no idea it was so dangerous and assumed he was insured":sneaky2:

I would not want to risk it.

Of course but I was asking about the ELI in isolation.

Of course but I was asking about the ELI in isolation.

ELI may save you in the situation I described.

Should be covered by PLI (not a legal requirement), but if you had that and not ELI, they may try to get out of covering you, with both you should be sorted, IMO.

How would people feel about people doing a bit of minicab driving on the side??

Would you want your daughter/mother collected by an unlicensed cab??

Would they want an uninsured tree surgeon working at their elderly mothers home??

Afternoon Kev, I noticed you didn't get an answer to that so I will say it again for you. What about it Macca are you dodging the tax as well as the insurance?

What has that got to do with you or this thread!