Petition to get Nigel Farage onto the EU Referendum Debate

Brian S

Maybe being a decent human being and not turning a blind eye to intolerable suffering?

Maybe if we were all better people we would be better able to fix our 'own' problems.

The world extends beyond our front door, the sooner we all realise it the better...

"intolerable suffering"? We are talking about EU migrants. I wasn't aware of "intolerable suffering" in Poland etc?

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stefan Molinuex makes the point that Africans have an avergae IQ of 80, much the same as people from the Middle East... He points out the Chinese/Asian have the highest IQ along with the Jews...

Europeans have IQ just below the Asians and Jews...

The point he was trying to make was it wasn't because of a lack of education that Middle Easterners have a lower IQ than us, but that they have dumbed down through breeding...

Being a bit skeptical at first I decided to give the matter some thought, and after some consideration have decided that he's right... its not that an African can't become an Einstein, its that for every high IQ African theres two hundred morons in his wake...

In Europe it might be for every Einstein theres only fifty morons... its that sort of thing I think he was driving at...

So, why not invite those immigrants who will add to our intellectual gene pool and keep out those who will diminish it?....

I realize its a contentious issue, but facts are facts, we need more Jews not Muslims...

Maybe being a decent human being and not turning a blind eye to intolerable suffering?

Maybe if we were all better people we would be better able to fix our 'own' problems.

The world extends beyond our front door, the sooner we all realise it the better...

It is also worth bearing in mind that we have the consequences of centuries of colonialism coming back to haunt us. We are largely responsible for the situation in the Middle East, which is to say that I do not excuse the individual actions of extremists (quite the opposite) but the creation of the States as we know them in the Middle East is one of the largest contributors to the conditions that create extremism there. The reaction of the Far right in Europe and the popularity of Donald Trump are simply extreme reactions to extremism. In much the same way that you cannot fight fire with fire, you can't fight abhorrent behaviour and ignorance with abhorrent behaviour (waterboarding anyone) and ignorance.

The popularity of Donald Trump (for me) again calls into question the value of universal democracy. A controversial topic I know, but in much the same way that every other SNP voter won't know the first thing about the SNP's policies (but will strongly believe that the English are the reason their life is crap) I'd bet every other Trump voter will just like the policy of banning Muslims from entering the US and the idea of a wall on the Texas/Mexico border and won't understand much else.

I just wish that some people would educate themselves in politics a little before deciding who to vote for. You hear of so many people answering the question "So who are you voting for?" with "well I'm voting for *insert political party*" and answering the question "Why?" with either "Because I've always voted for them" or "Because my mum does".

Qualification for a right to vote, I say! :thumbup:

Let the abuse begin..... :laugh1:

Stefan Molinuex makes the point that Africans have an avergae IQ of 80, much the same as people from the Middle East... He points out the Chinese/Asian have the highest IQ along with the Jews...

Europeans have IQ just below the Asians and Jews...

The point he was trying to make was it wasn't because of a lack of education that Middle Easterners have a lower IQ than us, but that they have dumbed down through breeding...

Being a bit skeptical at first I decided to give the matter some thought, and after some consideration have decided that he's right... its not that an African can't become an Einstein, its that for every high IQ African theres two hundred morons in his wake...

In Europe it might be for every Einstein theres only fifty morons... its that sort of thing I think he was driving at...

So, why not invite those immigrants who will add to our intellectual gene pool and keep out those who will diminish it?....

I realize its a contentious issue, but facts are facts, we need more Jews not Muslims...

You have posted some crap…………………….but this beats all :001_rolleyes:

It is also worth bearing in mind that we have the consequences of centuries of colonialism coming back to haunt us. We are largely responsible for the situation in the Middle East,

Really? So the schism between Shia and Sunni Muslims has nothing to do with it?

Have you ever been to the Middle East?

Wow! Someone else that thinks insulting people is a way to win an argument!

Perhaps you could use your superior intelligence to tell us how accepting millions of EU migrants into the UK improves our quality of life? It should be easy for someone as intelligent as you! The disadvantages of mass migration are fairly obvious: ie

1. Lower wages,

2. Pressure on public services such as schools and the NHS,

3. Building on greenbelt to house them,

4. They cost the taxpayer more than they pay in tax.

I’ll be honest, I don’t think there are any sound reasons as to why millions of migrants improves our quality of life….

matelot, mate, and all kudos to the MICE btw=Member of the Institute of Civil Engineers?, a generally sound thinking bunch, this opinion coming from a final year failed Civil Engineering Student.

One requires to disconnect the 2 events, and definately NOT assume/presume one is directly attritutable to the other.

i.e Immigreants = the source of all the UK's problems

Bit like "the Pill" and Overian Cancer

ME

I look at what I know to be true, from personal experience of over 50 years observations, of some dysfunctional, some hypocondracial, some paranoid, some a trifle dylusional, some with inflated senses of their own abilities, sometimes even seen when looking in the mirror, but all work mates, Church mates, Pub mates, of varying levels of intelligence, who all sincerely avere their friends-and-relations are all, absolutly 110% halo wearing perfect individuals:001_huh::001_rolleyes::confused1::lol:

And any problems in Society HAS to be Their* fault.

Their* being "the others"

=somebody else.

i.e.

The Taigs

The Prods

etc

etc

marcus

Edited by difflock

Really? So the schism between Shia and Sunni Muslims has nothing to do with it?

Have you ever been to the Middle East?

I fully understand the issues with Shia and Sunni Muslims. I am entirely anti religious, but reasonably well versed in the fundamentals of world religions. Important to know one's enemy and all that.

I have not been to the Middle East other than passing through briefly and nor would I want to. It's a hell hole with minorities of people going to great lengths to assert that their brand of flying spaghetti monster is the one true flying spaghetti monster. The issue is that the majority of people are simply collateral damage.

State lines in the Middle East are a western creation. The insertion of Israel was and still is a complete disaster and rightly a huge source of malcontent towards the West by Muslims. The deposing of Saddam Hussein and other Middle Eastern despots is directly responsible for the rise of Daesh. These are all contributing factors to the present situation and we have to take some responsibility for it.

State lines in the Middle East are a western creation. The insertion of Israel was and still is a complete disaster and rightly a huge source of malcontent towards the West by Muslims. The deposing of Saddam Hussein and other Middle Eastern despots is directly responsible for the rise of Daesh. These are all contributing factors to the present situation and we have to take some responsibility for it.

The West has managed to cause problems in the Middle East. However if they want to redraw the state lines on a map they could do so...

Israel is contentious.. However is it any worse than Turkey invading Cyprus and keeping it? Do Christians feel the need to kill because of Cyprus?

We shouldn't have removed Saddam, however they were given a chance of democracy and thrown it away.

imho, the Middle East would be a disaster whatever we do.