help with vehicle size and graphics please

flatyre

.... to get business why not list all your services? ...

Any way of advertising yourself has to be a good thing.All avenues should be followed.It might even be worth generating a qr code & sticking that on the side of your vans/flyers/business cards for the "younger generation"(who might pay more).:001_cool:

Any way of advertising yourself has to be a good thing.All avenues should be followed.It might even be worth generating a qr code & sticking that on the side of your vans/flyers/business cards for the "younger generation"(who might pay more).:001_cool:

With the qr thing... What's the average age of most clients? I very rarely see any under 30 yrs old

A mate used to have a landscaping business & had a qr code made up & put on vans, business cards, website etc. Now guess how many 'hits' or whatever you call it in about 3yrs of trading? 2 in total, 1st was his Mrs & the 2nd one was him making sure it was working!

Word of mouth is best but as old fashioned as it is just put a sign up wherever you are working & talk to the neighbours if your client doesn't mind

Talk to a decent sign writer.

There's more to vehicle advertising than meets the eye.

Example - (a) start looking at vans and see how many tell you what they do and how to contact them, and then be aware of how many are "sign written" but don't actually do (a).

May sound simple, but I was surprised! Maybe I'm simple, but a sign writer told me that and he was spot on!

thanks for the advice guys, been studying other van graphics and see a lot of vans out there with big logo and minimal information which looks clean but vague. On the other hand I personal think listing your skills does help spell it out for would be customers, but can make the van look cluttered. We work in the industry so when we see van graphics, business cards, flyers etc, saying "tree services" or "landscaping" we know what that covers, but is it too vague for joe public? I'm thinking of keeping it to a logo, business name, and "landscaping & tree services", then mobile and land line, web address and facebook logo. That gives younger IT literate customers what they need to find out more about the business, phone numbers (mobile and landline) for neighbours, passing traffic etc, and an advert in the local papers for the older generation?

bluebedouin, thanks for the work on the logo, i'll get onto inkscape later and see how it looks on the van.

Aside of the benefits of signwritten vehicles there is a downside.

Here are some and they do come in on a regular basis, they never give the reg number so its solely on the sign writing.

1. One of your transit vans and chipper have just gone past me on the A3 and I was doing 70mph. ( customer)

2. One of you vans is parked with two wheels on the pavement and causing an obstruction.

3. Why is your van always parked outside the Parrot (pub) on a weekend?

4. There were chips flying out of your van while it was driving down the road.

5. Loads of calls when the artic gets backed into residential street quizzing on whats going on.

6. Saw your guys asleep in the van at lunchtime.

And on, so with it come a responsibility :001_rolleyes:

Bob

Here are some and they do come in on a regular basis, they never give the reg number so its solely on the sign writing.

1. One of your transit vans and chipper have just gone past me on the A3 and I was doing 70mph. ( customer)

2. One of you vans is parked with two wheels on the pavement and causing an obstruction.

5. Loads of calls when the artic gets backed into residential street quizzing on whats going on.

Bob

When I passed my driving test the first thing my dad said when I got s car was don't get s personalised plate. As people will recognise you too easily and report you if you do something stupid. This was 22 years ago when not many people had them.

very true, I've learned to be a more considerate driver now my attitude towards fellow motorists may damage my wallet! Good practice for when I get graphics, I would certainly get annoyed if someone phoned me to say my staff were napping up some back road as I don't like being woken:laugh1: But yes there are negative points to having your name and number on the van but hopefully the good points will out weigh the bad.

Bob

Not forgetting it may well make you a target for thieves. :thumbdown:

Not forgetting it may well make you a target for thieves. :thumbdown:

If it's a van it will anyway, loads of break ins recently around here. Was getting into my transit a few days ago when a car pulled up to tell me they saw people looking through the windows of it around midnight. Don't keep tools in there obviously (apart from basic tool box/socket set)