help with vehicle size and graphics please

flatyre

Basically I'm tired of seeing landscapers and tree surgeons working in my own village doing jobs that i'm capable off. I've no problem with people working in my area, but most people in the village don't even know that's what I do. I just finished my first big landscaping job working for myself, and am going to use the profits to buy a newer van. I currently have a 2002 mwb transit 2.4 with 226,000 on the clock. Had her for almost two years and has she's helped get my business off the ground. She's still in good shape for her age, with no major problems but all the little issues are starting to add up, time to let her go. I don't need that much space but I do like the bigger engine for towing (but not the mpg). Does anyone run a smaller van like a 1.9 traffic or swb 2.0 transit and are they adequate for towing a 8x4 tipping trailer and micro digger? also I will be putting graphics on it so people actually know what I do, but should I have the logo and "landscaping & tree services" or just "landscaping" I offer both as I've been in the landscaping business as an employee for many years so that my bread and butter work as its where most of my skill are, but enjoy doing tree work and have access to highly qualified experienced tree surgeons who I can sub in on bigger jobs. Does putting "landscaping & tree services" together sound a bit too jack of all trades? thanks

put something like whatever name you going with followed by Groundcare Services ie "Flatyre Groundcare Services " i know prob not the company name but just for eg then further down sign list services you provide , fully qualified inusred etc etc phone number and such a lot of people dont put a landline down but there is a lot of people out there that wont ring if mobile only

.... Does putting "landscaping & tree services" together sound a bit too jack of all trades? thanks

If you do both,then advertise that you do.I've replicated (as near as I can) your logo with the alteration.I'll also do a design for a flyer which I'll send via pm as your contact details will be on it.

habitat2.jpg.51649d453219af9cf6587c036ecc2694.jpg

So what about the potential customers you'd be missing out on that have no internet or interest in it?

Old people pay poorly

A I doubt people see a van and frantically scribble down a phone number, although a local number on the side would assure locality

Old people pay poorly....

That's a bit prejudicial,innit?!

A I doubt people see a van and frantically scribble down a phone number, although a local number on the side would assure locality

I'm sure a number's easier to remember than a web address.Especially,as you say,a local one. Edited by bluebedouin
grammar

Once you start putting patio cleaning and stuff it dilutes the brand IMO.

Scrap, house clearance, lopping & topping if our travelling friends can do it to get business why not list all your services? Depends on what image you want & who your target customers are I guess. You would on your website though ... Now does anyone fancy a new driveway? Got a bit of tarmac left on the lorry going cheap! :D :eek: ;)