eye to eye v.t cord

vduben

where can i get some eye to eye cord for my blaze???

going to start using a v.t soon and i no most of you lot have tried and tested every option and i wanted to save myself alot of time messing around, also it doesnt self tend!!! think its due to the crappy 8mm cord im using....

any help is much appreciated..

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Treeworker or honey bros, for ocean polyester or beeline. OP is stitched rather than spliced. You can get tenex spliced but i wouldnt bother.

I would buy a couple of metres of different cords and find one you like, and work out what length you want, before investing in a eye and eye, cos they are quite pricey.

Heh mate, I use beeline on my Blaze, it works ok, don't bother with eye to eye's just tie a double fishermans, much easier.

Mine is fickle when it comes to self-tending though i must admit.

ok thanks matey, mite just have to play around big time with it!!

have found on scoorch that cant be too differnt to blaze 8 mm roblon works pretty well 4 wraps and 3 braids but only self tends after 30ft.

Found roblon works better like most cord for vt after it softens up with wear...

might try sticking some new cord in the washing machine to soften it up.

I do have a couple of lengths of niceley worn 8 mm beale that will self tend and dont hardly slip on sit back with a 3-2 combo but saving those for decent climbs...brought 4 metres of that as well and found becouse its so new and stiff you have to use maximum braids and wraps other wise it doesnt bite and then self tends only at a good height....

Self tend an urban myth unless you have 50m of rope below you or a groundy tending your line!!

Not sure what cord i use its red black and yellow Marlow...... Fill in the blanks i need to order some. Works well though not failed me yet. DFL at each end even whiped the ends to make it neat and stop the knot from ever slipping.