For All You Toyota Lovers!

rovers90

Just an update on this.

A fantastic truck to drive but these are the non turbo version and I was a bit surprised by how little torque the engine has for a lump as big as it is, I have been looking at the figures tonight and on paper it has less torque and HP than my 300tdi and full width intercooler with a standard turbo.

It really was a pleasure to drive though, a hell of a lot nicer to drive than a landy, I could even hear myself speak. If they could get it in the turbo version I would have bought it there and then, as it is I waiting to speak to someone who has one and uses it for towing before I go any further.

• 2 weeks later...
Just an update on this.

A fantastic truck to drive but these are the non turbo version and I was a bit surprised by how little torque the engine has for a lump as big as it is, I have been looking at the figures tonight and on paper it has less torque and HP than my 300tdi and full width intercooler with a standard turbo.

It really was a pleasure to drive though, a hell of a lot nicer to drive than a landy, I could even hear myself speak. If they could get it in the turbo version I would have bought it there and then, as it is I waiting to speak to someone who has one and uses it for towing before I go any further.

I tow with mine, a few things to note as its got no turbo-The engine really needs to be worked these develop most power at higher revs. Also they dont really loosen up until they've done at least 10k, mines really different now. Also they are geared right for towing, no slipping the clutch in first or trying to get the turbo to kick in, like in my old hilux, just steady away. They will run out of steam on big hills though if you let your momentum drop!

The engines are good for 100s of thousands of miles tho.

We have one with the factory turbo, the amazon engine, from aus. Thats a totally different animal and goes like stink. So its the preferred engine but was only ever put in the pick up in aus.