Tiny echo!

Maxnaggle

Mine was 1/4 pitch and came with this fancy bar which I believe is a sugihara pro lite carving bar in 1/4 .50 but was swiftly swapped for the stihl gear as it cuts better. Shame as it did look good with it on

So is the general consensus that this Tsumara bar is no good and should be swapped for the Stihl?

If so, why is that?

So is the general consensus that this Tsumara bar is no good and should be swapped for the Stihl?

If so, why is that?

The Tsumara bar on it's own is a very good bar.

However it's 0.050, which takes a heavier chain, requiring more energy to pull.

Have you seen the Stihl 150 with it's 0.043 bar and chain? It'd be like a 150 engine trying to pull a bar and chain from a 200t.

The 150t is a good engine, but it's the specially designed tiny bar and chain that allows it to work. Echo made an even better engine, but didn't bother with a tiny chain, so that engine is trying to pull a heavy chain.

The Tsumara bar on it's own is a very good bar.

However it's 0.050, which takes a heavier chain, requiring more energy to pull.

Have you seen the Stihl 150 with it's 0.043 bar and chain? It'd be like a 150 engine trying to pull a bar and chain from a 200t.

The 150t is a good engine, but it's the specially designed tiny bar and chain that allows it to work. Echo made an even better engine, but didn't bother with a tiny chain, so that engine is trying to pull a heavy chain.

Thanks joe, you sad boffin! Haha!

I have a freelancer who has a 2510 with the Stihl bar and chain so next time he's in we'll do a speed test comparison.

Finally got the little thing out. Its so amazingly small, perfect for my week on cs39. Hardly felt it attached to my harness, easy to get in and out of everywhere I wanted it and cut very smoothly. An awesome little saw, bar and chain combo. Couple of lads had 540s and they felt enormous and really heavy compared to the echo!