Tiny echo!

Maxnaggle

i was thinking that too. In my opinion climbing saws shud be started up and used to execute whatever cuts are close by and then immediately shut off till you reposition.

Apart from starting mine up from cold and letting it dangle at the end of the tool strop fer 30 secs or so afore i pull it up to make the first cut, i never leave them idling as they all get very hot, especially these newer breed of saws with Catalytic perverters fitted.

Much faster and easier on the body to leave the 66 or 3120 running than having to start them again 20 seconds later. I havent been burned by a saw for over a decade

Much faster and easier on the body to leave the 66 or 3120 running than having to start them again 20 seconds later. I havent been burned by a saw for over a decade

I tink everyone is referring to climbing saws Timbermcp.

But a 3120 is incredibly easy to restart on spikes as the one I use fires into life first pull every time i go to restart it when i'm blocking down big stuff. As fer the 3120 single sided chainbrake lever and it's clever reset mechanism, now that does make my life easier too as it requires little effort and helps to prevent my digits from getting strained :blushing:

The reason i switch off a 3120 is because when i'm repositioning my flip line and getting comfortable fer the next 'chog' it's not eating up fuel. These saws drink fuel at a fair ole rate so i do my bit to conserve it. It's also good to have some silence whilst chatting to the groundies.:001_smile:

I tink everyone is referring to climbing saws Timbermcp.

But a 3120 is incredibly easy to restart on spikes as the one I use fires into life first pull every time i go to restart it when i'm blocking down big stuff. As fer the 3120 single sided chainbrake lever and it's clever reset mechanism, now that does make my life easier too as it requires little effort and helps to prevent my digits from getting strained :blushing:

The reason i switch off a 3120 is because when i'm repositioning my flip line and getting comfortable fer the next 'chog' it's not eating up fuel. These saws drink fuel at a fair ole rate so i do my bit to conserve it. It's also good to have some silence whilst chatting to the groundies.:001_smile:

They start great right up to the point they dont!

Best thing I every brought for one of mine was a D starter handle, so much easier to get a great grip on.

I have always climbed with a running saw if im less than a minute from my next cut, even if its a little 260t. saves time and energy and is no safety risk or noticeable fuel use.

It could be a psychological thing, having it running reminds you that your

My 'loan' saw arrived this afternoon courtesy of Ariens/Echo UK, a very nice CS280 TES.

It is considerably larger than the Tiny but it looks very well made and will be working tomorrow.

Still rather taken aback by the very rapid response to the problems with the CS2510 but looking forward to the arrival of the CS2511 sometime towards the end of the year.

I will be purchasing the saw at the handover time, at £120 it is an excellent deal.

So well done Echo for providing a first class example of customer care and responsibility.

http://arbtalk.co.uk/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=207097&stc=1&d=1466524545

59767149bff2a_theboys(12).jpg.2bb4cae51a2920f50b8cf3c750177f4a.jpg

My 'loan' saw arrived this afternoon courtesy of Ariens/Echo UK, a very nice CS280 TES.

It is considerably larger than the Tiny but it looks very well made and will be working tomorrow.

So well done Echo for providing a first class example of customer care and responsibility.

Many on here will interested in how the 280 performs.

How does it sit between the Tiny and the Echo360 / MS201

Many on here will interested in how the 280 performs.

How does it sit between the Tiny and the Echo360 / MS201

Heres a video of my older 260tes (predecessor to the 280tes) vs my 360tes. Should give you a good idea of how the 280 shapes up