New forum coming soon, have your say on new features you would like to see now.

Steve Bullman

Could it have an ability to see thumbnails of recently posted photos.... a click on the thumbnail would link to that particular post.

There are lots of great images posted on Arbtalk and would be nice to see the ones I've missed.

cheers, steve

As I have spoken to you before Steve, I think there should be a "Consultants Corner" so we can get all the useful technical info in one place. It should develop into a good resource for arborists who want to look up a specific question/methodology e.g. strength loss calculations or whatever, and for students who have to answer consultancy type questions for their coursework.

Either way, best of luck with the roll-out...

As I have spoken to you before Steve, I think there should be a "Consultants Corner" so we can get all the useful technical info in one place. It should develop into a good resource for arborists who want to look up a specific question/methodology e.g. strength loss calculations or whatever, and for students who have to answer consultancy type questions for their coursework.

Either way, best of luck with the roll-out...

Yes you have and I apologise nothings been done. One feature I was thinking about implementing was a question/answer feature which could perhaps be incorporated into such a forum? A question is asked, and users vote on the best answer, the best answer is then shown beneath the OP ahead of everything else. Much like yahoo answers really

Yes you have and I apologise nothings been done. One feature I was thinking about implementing was a question/answer feature which could perhaps be incorporated into such a forum? A question is asked, and users vote on the best answer, the best answer is then shown beneath the OP ahead of everything else. Much like yahoo answers really

I like the sound of this.

No problem at all. I just put it down to you almost certainly have other concerns to deal with at the time, so don't worry, I didn't take it personally!

I'm unfamiliar with Yahoo answers, but I do use another forum (sorry to admit that I have cheated on you, but its not tree related and the other forum doesn't mean anything to me...) where it is prominently a help based, question and answer set up.

On this forum, the OP is the one who 'accepts' the best answer for their purpose, but everyone else can up-vote someone else's answer and this helps build the 'reputation' of the people who answer the questions.

Perhaps something similar could be incorporated here?