Arthroscopy on knee

Mark Bolam

Did you scream out for Morphine when you came round...?

Did they make you poo and pee before they let you go home?

I managed to do my bits and pieces and they let me go home. BUT I was off my tits later that evening. Couldn't even make up a flight of 2 stairs in my old flat.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you scream out for Morphine when you came round...?

Did they make you poo and pee before they let you go home?

I managed to do my bits and pieces and they let me go home. BUT I was off my tits later that evening. Couldn't even make up a flight of 2 stairs in my old flat.

I had virtually no pain after arthroscopy's and very few painkillers. There was little after total knee replacement thanks to the oxycontin (morphine cousin) but the nightmares coming off the morphine after leaving hospital were alarming.

I had virtually no pain after arthroscopy's and very few painkillers. There was little after total knee replacement thanks to the oxycontin (morphine cousin) but the nightmares coming off the morphine after leaving hospital were alarming.

I was the opposite . I found the Arthroscopy more painful than the " half knee" I had .

Arthroscopy covers a wide range of procedures, from just a little shaving of cartilage and a saline flush, so what Mark just had.

I've had two, the first one put me crutches for 6 months, the second I was back to work 2 days later.

I had a spinal for new knee, controlled pain very well as it wore off. Neighbour had a new knee with same surgeon 3 months later, knock out and loads of pain. With a spinal you can feel pain coming on and ask for control as pain gets worse. A general anaestetic has little pain releif. Surgeon reckoned the harder your bones are, the worse the pain

• 1 month later...