Who is building an ark?

Woodworks

Seriously this weather is ridiculous. It's not so much the quantity of rain as we have not had the flooding you poor souls up north have had just the frequency. Bought some new waterproofs and the beginning of October and in all honesty think they have been worn in anger every day since except for 10 when we were abroad:laugh1: Keep thinking it will have to stop sometime but apparently not looking at the forecast with rain predicted every day for the next week. In all seriousness it's not good for the mental health with no sun and relentless rain :thumbdown:

Any tips for not letting this sh... get you down?

Hi WOOD we still have from when Somerset levels were flooded it's been a bad year mate for rain thanks John

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seriously this weather is ridiculous. It's not so much the quantity of rain as we have not had the flooding you poor souls up north have had just the frequency. Bought some new waterproofs and the beginning of October and in all honesty think they have been worn in anger every day since except for 10 when we were abroad:laugh1: Keep thinking it will have to stop sometime but apparently not looking at the forecast with rain predicted every day for the next week. In all seriousness it's not good for the mental health with no sun and relentless rain :thumbdown:

Any tips for not letting this sh... get you down?

My thoughts exactly. If I knew for definite that this weather would be the norm here for the next 20 years, I would definitely emigrate.

All this positive attitude stuff is a piece of nonsense when you've got machinery on finance and it's been parked up for months... It's hitting loggers very hard down here.

Edited by TimberCutterDartmoor

My thoughts exactly. If I knew for definite that this weather would be the norm here for the next 20 years, I would definitely emigrate.

All this positive attitude stuff is a piece of nonsense when you've got machinery on finance and it's been parked up for months... It's hitting loggers very hard down here.

Apart from the occasional drought summer, hereon I believe this wet & mild weather is exactly what we are facing.

Thing is, where would you emigrate to?.... it's not as though we're the only country being affected.... and mass migration will continue.

cheers, Steve

Was thinking along the same lines but don't fancy emigrating just moving a bit further east. The in laws live down near Bournemouth and climate there is a world away from life on the moors these last few years. They have dry summers even needing to water the lawn :lol: My mind boggles at the thought of needing to do that. Never been there for a weekend without seeing the sun whatever time of year. So if it keeps up like this it's Dorset here we come.

Err we live in Britain its known for its weather.. then again, look on the plus side, who else in the world can genuinely look forward to summers like we do?..

Now, if only this freezing wind would calm down, its blowin all the heat out the house..

LOL, nothin like us Britishers complainin about the weather...

The thing is- i wouldn't mind sitting out Nov/Dec/Jan and just doing enough to keep ticking over if i knew we would be in for a good spring/summer where there was lengths of decent weather bathing in warm sunshine and the ground dried but even that thought is an unknown quantity and we could easily face ongoing rains well into summer.

Iv got to agree- you can be as positive as you like and no doubt thats good for your mental health if anything but it doesn't help with the practicalities of earning a living, I'd like to emigrate but likely the grass is always greener springs to mind. Quite honestly i don't even mind ongoing bad weather too much if it didn't effect my work/living- so don't know what folk in offices have to moan about- not that i'd swap places with them:laugh1:

Was thinking along the same lines but don't fancy emigrating just moving a bit further east. The in laws live down near Bournemouth and climate there is a world away from life on the moors these last few years. They have dry summers even needing to water the lawn :lol: My mind boggles at the thought of needing to do that. Never been there for a weekend without seeing the sun whatever time of year. So if it keeps up like this it's Dorset here we come.

Just moving off the moors would be a start- so often its pishing down and misty up in Princetown but drive 7 miles away in any direction off the moor and its a different world, we often consider moving to the south hams, kingsbridge/totnes or somewhere, better weather, better terrain and for me fencing no doubt more profitable

I worked in the Sultanate of Oman and it used to get so hot that when you got in your car you couldn't touch the steering wheel. I prefer the rain to that....

Having said that this winter has been the wettest I can remember :(

Lol, the building site I work on had some portacabins at the side of a river and the river went to the ceiling of the portacabins :)