what logs have you been chopping today!

william petts

We have sh*t loads of wood all cut and split, I'll get some pics for you but this time last year we went crazy processing loads and I mean loads of wood especially when we were hearing of it being the coldest winter in 50years, so as we didnt sell as much as we expected (although it was still oir best year to date) we have loads of wood ready for next winter qhich means we only have to process the odd few load of arb waste as and when it comes in!

• 2 weeks later...

Splitting mature laurel, felled during some clearing work on the estate a few months back. Thats me on the splitter and my dad throwing logs up on the table. Nothing dramatic, so don't watse 5 mins of your life watching all of this :biggrin:

Nice one Rowan. Have you disengaged the magic on the magic :biggrin:

Not sorted posting pictures yet William. Had a look on them on the ipad so I could see them the right way around but got a bit dizzy

Spent two days this week processing orrible stuff. Wednesday was rotten hedgerow brash. Could of cut through it without the chain running but it's what the customer wanted. What was worse is there is some lovely chunky processor sized stuff underneath the rubbish that will be rotting by the time they need it cutting up. Then yesterday was more sticks than anything else. Literally processing down to 1 1\2" diameter!

IMG_0246.jpg.db7647c260e92cb300a964b84f81634c.jpg

IMG_0253.jpg.b24d6110dc246ddbe8bab69efb5d6edc.jpg

You do like utilising as much wood as possible Mr Woodworks..👍👍👍

I do Paul but both these jobs were for paying customers :001_huh:. Still it's what they wanted. Since selling the branch logger going to have to put pretty small stuff through the processor at home for the charcoal making. Nearly finished my bags of branch loggings :thumbdown: