Tofino and Ucluelet

RC0

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Its a cool place for sure. I had a quick visit this past summer. About half way between Port Alberni and the Ucluelet junction there are some awesome swimming pools with lots of rocks to jump off. Needs to be alot warmer though. Did go up in that float plane in your picture too.

Had a float plane journey in the autumn to Seattle once Paddy. Never again mate.

Airsickness?

I never suffer, but have to admit by the end of the 40min flight I was glad to touch down. I was staring to get queasy.

We stayed at a campsite just out of town right on the beach.

No but the turbulence was terrible. Felt like Rodeo thousands of feet above the sea. Watching this Bloke fighting with the control stick the whole time, and wiping the windscreen with his hand. Never been so afraid for my life. Completely powerless. Could've kissed the ground when we landed and docked. Between 15 - 20 little planes go down each year in BC. Nobody walks away.

No but the turbulence was terrible. Felt like Rodeo thousands of feet above the sea. Watching this Bloke fighting with the control stick the whole time, and wiping the windscreen with his hand. Never been so afraid for my life. Completely powerless. Could've kissed the ground when we landed and docked. Between 15 - 20 little planes go down each year in BC. Nobody walks away.

Its the powerless thing that does it isnt it.