Branch logger

lilleylogging

Yesterday we fired up the new pizza oven for its first real trial with home made pizza dough and home made tomato sauce. It was lit with brash and the odd dry stick from around the yard and left to warm up. Once warm we loaded it up with a few scoops of wood chunks (fully seasoned mix of willow, hazel and ash) made by our TR70. They worked a treat making a mound of easily moveable glowing coals very quickly. When it needed topping up I just scraped the embers into the middle, put another scoop on and topped it up. It is still hot this morning.

pizza-oven-wood-chunks.jpg.523b7ee68cdc34960ea3323a83485309.jpg

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yesterday we fired up the new pizza oven for its first real trial with home made pizza dough and home made tomato sauce. It was lit with brash and the odd dry stick from around the yard and left to warm up. Once warm we loaded it up with a few scoops of wood chunks (fully seasoned mix of willow, hazel and ash) made by our TR70. They worked a treat making a mound of easily moveable glowing coals very quickly. When it needed topping up I just scraped the embers into the middle, put another scoop on and topped it up. It is still hot this morning.

Good stuff!

Just had a look at your webpage, looks fantastic, will have to have a proper read through later.

Anyone taken a punt on these ones yet?

Branch logger, firewood chopper, kindling machine | eBay

Petrol one about £300 more.

Interesting...

A bit boring, but I wonder if CE / BS kite certificates are included, and what the translation of the manual is like? Maybe I'm a bit too reserved but can't help feeling a bit nervous buying less 'established' brands.

Anyone taken a punt on these ones yet?

Branch logger, firewood chopper, kindling machine | eBay

Petrol one about £300 more.

Wow that is cheap. Could be OK as there is not much to these machines beyond the gearing and cutters which do need to be tough. My favourite was posted somewhere on Arbtalk which was Polish and came with a small conveyor for less than a TR 70

Just had a read of the blog for your wood oven. Would you be happy to share detail of supplier / price range and how you came to decide to buy rather than make??

Interesting...

A bit boring, but I wonder if CE / BS kite certificates are included, and what the translation of the manual is like?

I don't know, but it does look to have some sort of stop bar so I'd guess it wouldn't take a lot to get it CE approved if it wasn't already.

Wow that is cheap. Could be OK as there is not much to these machines beyond the gearing and cutters which do need to be tough.

That was thinking Beau, even if it needed a bit of modifying over time it's still a fration of the TR prices.

The one I always like the look of was the Rojek (I think - it was green and yellow) as it had an attachement to act like a delimbing kinfe to keep a bit more of the twiggy bits out

d a bit of modifying over time it's still a fration of the TR prices.

The one I always like the look of was the Rojek (I think - it was green and yellow) as it had an attachement to act like a delimbing kinfe to keep a bit more of the twiggy bits out

Have seen the Rojek but not in the flesh. Didn't realise it had a delimbing knife. Too much small twiggy material was the reason I gave up on ours so sounds like a good idea.