TreeMotion superlight harness

TTownsend

Hi all

Apologise if this has been posted before but I'm looking into getting a new harness and I've seen that FR Jones has a tree motion superlight harness in their seasonal sale and I'm just wondering how it fairs against the normal tree motion. I have used a tree motion before but never the superlight so just interested to see people's reviews and whether it's better or worse etc.

Thanks in advance

Yer it's a no go in my opinion you can't beat the ease of a click buckle thingy. Is the weight of the normal tree motion really an issue? If it bothers you then climbing ain't for you.

it is a little heavy and cumbersome if compared to something like the sequioa, but in the grand scheme of things its pretty light.

I nearly bought one. Only thing really that put me off it was the waist adjustment. Its one of the ones where you step into it and then pull the waist band from both ends to tighten, unlike the normal treemotion which has a buckle.

Other than that looks a nice harness.

Ah wasn't aware of it not being the normal tree motion buckle, presumed it was the same. Thanks!

Hi

At the moment there's only £18 difference between the 2.

Now for some Jones OCD shite.

If you have the harness 3 years and use it 3 days a week and put it on twice a day. That's 936 times.

If it takes you 1 min extra to adjust and get correct the light (because of the buckles) that will be an extra 15.6 hours you could have been earning money for.:thumbup:

Hi

At the moment there's only £18 difference between the 2.

Now for some Jones OCD shite.

If you have the harness 3 years and use it 3 days a week and put it on twice a day. That's 936 times.

If it takes you 1 min extra to adjust and get correct the light (because of the buckles) that will be an extra 15.6 hours you could have been earning money for.:thumbup:

long shot but do you know how long the seasonal sale on the harnesses will last ?

Ive recently went from a miller komet butterfly harness to the treemotion superlight and i really like it,its early days but ive no problems with it,1 small issue as is mentioned above is its a step into harness rather than the click shut fasteners.

Its a comfy harness and to me thats the most important part.

Also has lots of pre manufactured holes to add caritools or krabs and personalise your harness to your own specification which again i really like.

I found harnesses are very personal thing and whats right for one person might not be for another.

Hope this helps mate

Ive recently went from a miller komet butterfly harness to the treemotion superlight and i really like it,its early days but ive no problems with it,1 small issue as is mentioned above is its a step into harness rather than the click shut fasteners.

Its a comfy harness and to me thats the most important part.

Also has lots of pre manufactured holes to add caritools or krabs and personalise your harness to your own specification which again i really like.

I found harnesses are very personal thing and whats right for one person might not be for another.

Hope this helps mate

True, I was used to basic rock climbing harnesses with thread back buckles everywhere, the only reason I ended up with a Petzl Avao Fast was that I got it for a really good price and had actually intended to buy the regular version with thread back buckles.

I'm glad now that I ended up with the fast buckles (on the leg loops) and don't actually mind needing to step into the belt.

To be honest I don't think it takes any longer to step into a harness and pull both ends of the belt to tighten it than it does to wrap yourself into a harness and close a fast buckle.