BSL Suppliers Audit

County 764

Hi All, just looking to see if anyone on the BSL been audited yet? I got a message from them before Christmas saying they were going to be back in contact to arrange a site visit.

Thought I'd see if anyone on hear has been through the process and knows what to expect?

The woman on the phone says it normally takes a few hours.

I've never actually sold any Biomass under the BSL scheme but use a couple of cube a month for my own home boiler which is on the domestic RHI so have no sales invoices just a spreadsheet of what I've used and dates etc.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi All, just looking to see if anyone on the BSL been audited yet? I got a message from them before Christmas saying they were going to be back in contact to arrange a site visit.

Thought I'd see if anyone on hear has been through the process and knows what to expect?

The woman on the phone says it normally takes a few hours.

I've never actually sold any Biomass under the BSL scheme but use a couple of cube a month for my own home boiler which is on the domestic RHI so have no sales invoices just a spreadsheet of what I've used and dates etc.

Interested to hear how that goes County. You know what springs to my mind, have they asked to book an appointment and sought to see what your terms & rates are for the time of yours they take?

I know it's a bit of a wind up, but seems to me that's how public sector is going. If HSE come and audit you after an incident they send you a bill for their time, why shouldn't it work the other way?

We haven't had one but I know it's more complicated now with the land criteria where you have to prove everything you buy or grow is sustainable with lists of everything that you buy in and where you stack it. It also has to be a low enough moisture for your boiler.

Edit. Sorry that second bit was for RHI

I think I have all the paperwork in place, although there is no current felling licence there was a Approved forest Plan in date when the timber was felled and the people at the BSL were happy with that.

She can view the timber stacks if she wants as I still got about 150t at roadside in the woods.

What happens if you sell firewood and 95% of that goes to standard customers with nothing to do with the RHI. Surely you should only have keep records for timber bought and supplied to the 5% that actually goes to RHI participants?

• 2 weeks later...
Well have just lost my BSL registration as I am not prepared to jump through the hoops and barriers to use Arb waste as my feed stock. If anyone else is thinking of using Arb waste then good luck to you.

What were the hoops that have done for you John?

I registered for air dried arb arisings and producer/supplier for pellets, didn't find it too taxing - 10 mins on each of the forms, just put arb arisings in the box that needed all the sustainability surveys etc. They went straight through.

Only hiccup was they thought my 2 separate applications were 1 and that I'd submitted it twice with pellets in error. Sorted that out over the phone and explained it was 2 separate app's.

I've done 1 round of quarterly returns. Haven't found it too taxing as yet unless there's something lurking 'round the corner.

Sold 10 cubes last quarter, had a panic phone call from another user Friday asking for 10 cubes and have a couple of known users waiting for some when it becomes available.

Are you RHI kiln drying by any chance? Is it that which adds layers of admin and complexity?