What mpg our members getting out of their toyota Invincibles thanks

mendiplogs

I have a 65 plate HILUX and am getting about 33MPG at the moment. Mind I have only done 600 miles or so to date.

I must admit, first impressions were very disappointing,when comparing the HILUX to the 10 plate Navara I have just shifted...

The Hilux is

slower

less power (torque)

more agricultural (tractor like)

Worse road manners than the Nav.

The interior is off a worse build quality

Slightly better MPG so far.

The Navara had a 2.5l engine delivering a very smooth 190BHP (ish). The Hilux had a 3.0l D4D engine with 171 BHP.

Basically you have to spec up the HILUX for the luxuries that would be standard on a Navara Tekna model. This makes it far higher in price and not as value. Everyone seems to rave about the HILUX but tbh, I am having trouble seeing any truth in there words.

Time will tell though, I will be able to make a more informed decision once I have owned and driven it for a few more months.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have a 65 plate HILUX and am getting about 33MPG at the moment. Mind I have only done 600 miles or so to date.

I must admit, first impressions were very disappointing,when comparing the HILUX to the 10 plate Navara I have just shifted...

The Hilux is

slower

less power (torque)

The Navara had a 2.5l engine delivering a very smooth 190BHP (ish). The Hilux had a 3.0l D4D engine with 171 BHP.

Basically you have to spec up the HILUX for the luxuries that would be standard on a Navara Tekna model. This makes it far higher in price and not as value. Everyone seems to rave about the HILUX but tbh, I am having trouble seeing any truth in there words.

Time will tell though, I will be able to make a more informed decision once I have owned and driven it for a few more months.

I've recently swopped an l200 for a navara and I was thinking of getting a hilux as the dealer is less than a mile away but went with the Nissan tecna.

Hi I have recently sold my 08 nissan navara used to average around 20mpg Have bought new Toyota invincible only getting 23mpg dealer had said 30 should be achievable but finding that hard to believe. Agree with all above it's definitely slower and less powerful also much less kit on it with badly layed out interior and hardly any useable internal storage for bits n bobs So far a bit disappointed

The Hilux is

slower

less power (torque)

Hi RICH happy new year thanks for that I think it needs more power then 170hp 200hp would be more like I no people I'm OFFERD a new cheap thanks Jon

Hi I have recently sold my 08 nissan navara used to average around 20mpg Have bought new Toyota invincible only getting 23mpg dealer had said 30 should be achievable but finding that hard to believe. Agree with all above it's definitely slower and less powerful also much less kit on it with badly layed out interior and hardly any useable internal storage for bits n bobs So far a bit disappointed

Hi Andrew Sonia said VW PICK UP be better for us and loads more power it only for dogs and tow caravan thanks Jon

Hi Andrew Sonia said VW PICK UP be better for us and loads more power it only for dogs and tow caravan thanks Jon

Interesting to hear thoughts on stated mpg's and real world mpg's.

I'm surprised Toyota are so far off the mark.

If the VW pickup is good on fuel and you don't need 4x4 thats probably a wise plan Jon.

cheers, steve

Interesting to hear thoughts on stated mpg's and real world mpg's.

I'm surprised Toyota are so far off the mark.

If the VW pickup is good on fuel and you don't need 4x4 thats probably a wise plan Jon.

cheers, steve

Hi STEVE A happy new year mate there good truck the VW thanks Jon

I ran a 60 plate hi lux invincible. Towed LT70 sawmill with it no problem.

With standard wheels and no canopy averaged 27mpg

Add mud terrains reduced this by 2mpg (cooper stt on the invincible rims)

Add canopy reduced this by 2mpg (n+j standard height with roof rails)

Towing reduced it by 3-5mpg depending on weight

I worked this out properly and played around with the different configurations.

This was standard not chipped

The engine took around 25-30k to run in, noticable difference in performance as mileage went on. I did 50k in 18months without a single issue.

They are less blinged than the navara, less power but zero down time.

4x4 and liw box is on a lever, not electronic, this is very important..

I now run landcruiser which is even more agricultural, but the 4.2 6cyl is the best engine for work.

You cant have it all unfortunatly!

Just my experience, others may vary..

I get about 24mpg, thats around lanes and with very little cruising on an auto box. Thats about the same as I was getting from a D2 auto.

I think for a big truck with a 3L lump thats about what to expect, if u want economy....buy a Yaris! ;-)

I bought the first of the d22 navara it lasted about 2 years if I had bought the hilux then I would probably still have it. The Nissan/ Renault stuff may have a bit more bling and cup holders but have a feeling the hilux still has the metal where it's needed.