Homemade log processor saw issues

Chipy

I believe I said this before

Your flow and pressure are more than the saw can handle by a substantial factor, it should have been the first thing you upgraded

Forgot to mention we limited the pressure to 2000psi and the flow to 40lpm for the saw before we tried running it after putting new seals in

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

or possibly the tank breather is blocked, what is the current back pressure in the return line?

or fit a free flow return straight back to the tank

I'm not sure what the last back pressure reading was but the guy that did was happy it was low enough. We fitted an inch free flow return pipe straight back to the tank to solve the back pressure issue

The wheel on right side of the saw is one of the tracking motors, we welded teeth onto it so it can wheel the log along to chop at 5 feet. The wheel had double acting ram for up and down so we can clamp log down before we saw it

image.jpeg.220e1c30df884aa4d5e2e12855e8baab.jpeg

Forgot to say the log deck moves backwards and forwards and each time the logs moves along a notch and eventually get pushed onto cutting platform. Can get at least 10 ten foot logs on log deck and then the digger can stay still whilst cutting and splitting

image.jpeg.c39978ffb066332b5f239f90dea47094.jpeg

Largest it will do is 22inch but that can be made bigger if I had to. You can't really compare it to anything else because there's nothing else on the market that cuts and splits 5 foot logs. Next plan is the bundler which will be like most the others and have a ram attached to a wire that pulls the bundle tight then wrap baler twine round it which I have any amount of then release ram and roll bundle out. Will hopefully have bundler as a stand alone machine that plugs into a spool valve on the digger and will carry it round on pallet forks. The bundles are for my dragon D20 boiler which il load with a telehandler and bale cuddler grab. Ive yet to make a table for the split lengths to land on so we're not bending down all the time.

Edited by Chipy