spurs/spikes

Timberman675

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I Agree Get the best You can as wearing a pair that is not comfy is like being in hell all day i have the stein with the extra wide Velcro pads with my old pair i used them to get where i needed and took them off and chucked down tree , but with these unless they get in my way and hinder me i can be up tree for an hour maybe 2 and keep them on all that time , Just because these are comfy for me does not mean they will be comfy for someone else

if you can and you have several friends who have different pairs and they are willing to lend them then ask nicely and see which ones suit you

okay thanks for the advise is there a certain gecko one i should get? like aluminium ect

Never tried the aluminiums, but in theory they should be no less comfortable than the carbons. I started of in steel Kleins, never found the weight to be an issue at all, just the general discomfort of the spikes. The carbons are cool, but if not in your budget the aluminiums are just as good.

Never tried the aluminiums, but in theory they should be no less comfortable than the carbons. I started of in steel Kleins, never found the weight to be an issue at all, just the general discomfort of the spikes. The carbons are cool, but if not in your budget the aluminiums are just as good.

Are the carbons a fixed size

okay thanks for the advise is there a certain gecko one i should get? like aluminium ect

There shouldn't be any difference in comfort between the aluminium and carbon. The only difference will be the durability. Carbon is light and strong but brittle meaning walking around on hard surfaces could result in cracks/fractures although don't let this put you off if you'd rather the carbons as most get on fine with them. Also the aluminium ones are adjustable so you can set them to what's comfortable for you

Spikes are personal preference , just the same as harnesses , just because they are expensive does not mean that they are better than the cheaper ones.

i have the harkie classic spikes. , can be a bit difficult to get on at first but once there on there great for me.