Bobcat Skidsteer

slippymurphy

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I used to sell Thomas Skidsteers around the turn of the century (the dim and distant past!) and one thing I learned is that a skiddie in good hands will far outperform any other loader in confined areas.

Even I could get a fair output, but suffered a fair bit of whiplash in the process, and demolished a few walls:blushing:

I reckon it would be ideal for the OP except for that step up onto the cubicle beds, that going to be difficult with a short skiddie, possible but likely to lose the load when the whole thing rocks around falling off the step.

The other thing I discover is I wanted a jcb with joystick as it felt smoother and easier to use . I got an amazing deal on a bobcat 753 a 1997 it was 3 years old at the time for £4500.00.

It was horrific to drive for the first 3 hours then it became second nature.

The bobcat is much faster and agile than the jcb robot. In fifteen year I have changed the oil a few times and cambelt and one fuel solinoid and that has been it. If I had the jcb it would have been a bit dull once you got used to it. Although the big advantage to the jcb is you can leave the cab with the bucket or forks raised which is a pita with a cat.

I have a bobcat 756 brilliant and nimble,and air cooled so starts in really cold weather when man it out and John deere just refuse to start.turns on a sixpence,lifts nearly a ton ,but does destroy anything that's not concrete.totally hopeless on wet grass or soil.but would never be without.yes the foot pedals get a bit of getting used too.