Looking for a pro-saw for coppice work

Catweazle

I need a second saw, my 029 / 18" is big, old and awkward to use at the near ground level needed for coppice work. Good for cutting firewood though.

I've read loads of reviews on here and the main contenders seem to be;

MS260

346xp

357xp

I read that the 372xp is excellent, would it be a too much saw ?

I think a 15" or smaller bar would be fine, maximum tree size 12" and I've always got the 029 for anything bigger. The saw needs to be small enough to use in the tight spaces between chestnut coppice stems, weight is not as important as compactness, the Huskys look to have a long low design which might be best.

Any opinions appreciated,

Thanks.

357 xp is a cracking saw imo, small and light but still with good power, stihl 260 is alright i suppose but personally i like more power in a saw, They just dont have the guts for felling even small stuff imo.

I love my 357...When its working.... It has cost me over £250 in repairs in the 2 years that I have owned it.

i've used a husky 346xp every day for the last couple of months and found it to be really good for smaller stuff with a 15" bar. plenty of guts even for bigger stuff with an 18" bar on it.

if you are using it for long periods it would be much better than the 357 because of the weight.

346 346 346 346 346 .......dont touch a ms260 imo the biggest turd out there ,a gutless heap with the pick up of a snail,my father brought one for thinng and it seized after 8 months, and i wont bore you with my experience of using them.....i cant believe people have problems with there 357's (obviosly they do!)mine has been the most reliable saw i have owned had it 4 years and hammered the thing in to the ground and it has never not once let me down ....cleaning filters this afternoon after a sesion leylandii bashing and was thinking its got to give up soon,but i doubt it!