Ford County or Similar

Highland Forestry

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anybody know of any for sale, prices etc?

Just wondering how much I would need to budget for a county wth roofmount and forwarding trailer for a possible upcoming contract.... seems it will cost me alot to pay a local contractor to come in and do the extraction so I'm thinking I might as well buy one for myself..

Any thoughts?

My mate runs over a dozen Countys as winch tractors on pipeline work, and has seen a very good return on his investment. Increasing rarity, coupled with collectability, means prices are high. If you can afford it, buy a half-tidy one, do yer extracting, then sell it on or keep for a while and sell on.

Either way it should at least hold its value, or be an appreciating asset.

Better than losing money on either a contractor or a Valmet:001_smile:

My mate runs over a dozen Countys as winch tractors on pipeline work, and has seen a very good return on his investment. Increasing rarity, coupled with collectability, means prices are high. If you can afford it, buy a half-tidy one, do yer extracting, then sell it on or keep for a while and sell on.

Either way it should at least hold its value, or be an appreciating asset.

Better than losing money on either a contractor or a Valmet:001_smile:

They do seem to be a formidable tool....

Finding a half tidy one is not easy.

Working on another angle now and looking at small crawlers with wide tracks..

They do seem to be a formidable tool....

Finding a half tidy one is not easy.

Working on another angle now and looking at small crawlers with wide tracks..

crawlers need low loaded, counties do about 12mph, you cover a big area matt, if i were you i would bo for the mog winch machine in clasifieds. 3 seats, 50mph, 2 remote control winches on it, you can put a chip box and get a chipper mounting on the back blade aswell. :001_cool:

crawlers need low loaded, counties do about 12mph, you cover a big area matt, if i were you i would bo for the mog winch machine in clasifieds. 3 seats, 50mph, 2 remote control winches on it, you can put a chip box and get a chipper mounting on the back blade aswell. :001_cool:

Only 2 seats in the cab mate, but a great machine all the same!!!:001_smile:

You could buy a bleddy good County for Mog money, and have enough change left over to buy....

....another County!:thumbup:

Doing 12mph you will need to leave the day before you need to get there! So low loader cost are not ruled out whatever.