Ford County or Similar

Highland Forestry

Not sure a county weighs, but would it not fit onto a low loader trailer pulled by a fast trac or similar??

The one in the eArborist classified looks good, 11k + VAT for the whole outfit..

Not sur ehow it would cope with the terrain up here but seems closer to the money than some of the kit i've seen in the last few weeks.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure a county weighs, but would it not fit onto a low loader trailer pulled by a fast trac or similar??

The one in the eArborist classified looks good, 11k + VAT for the whole outfit..

Not sur ehow it would cope with the terrain up here but seems closer to the money than some of the kit i've seen in the last few weeks.

a county will go anywhere matt, if you are on a moor just stick on double wheels, i have jumper off them before and prefer to walk as it was that steep. lol. go and see dug beatty in ardersier. he knows every bit of kit in the highlands and is an excellent engineer, a very handy man to know, he also hires out tractors/chippers etc:001_cool:

I really need to go and jar him for some advice.. was asked today to pull my finger out and get a skidder so we can take on a long term extraction contract... as i'm doing the felling and prep anyway it would make sense we do it for them.

Have you ever heard of alistair young, the valmnet guy near Forres?? Is he worth trying?

i have popped in before, he hadnt heard of a roofmount. it is all agricultural around that area. but maybe i just got one of his lads, and i was in an imprezza turbo and civy gear, so maybe he didnt take me seriously. telling you, little skidder moggy. your contract will pay for it monday to friday and then use it for tree surgery at the weekends. it wont take much to adapt. mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm mogy:thumbup1:

i have popped in before, he hadnt heard of a roofmount. it is all agricultural around that area. but maybe i just got one of his lads, and i was in an imprezza turbo and civy gear, so maybe he didnt take me seriously. telling you, little skidder moggy. your contract will pay for it monday to friday and then use it for tree surgery at the weekends. it wont take much to adapt. mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm mogy:thumbup1:

You do like mogs dont you??!! hehe

Would a mog be any good over stumps in boggy ground, on brash, mud etc?

If I can get a county, I rekon i'll have to get a set of chains for it due to the ground.

Then you'll defo need a low loader.When we put the chains on the forwarders an harvesters they stayed on.My valmet is surprising without them in the wood.Narrow wheels always climb better.But if it's a bog it's a forwarder,tj810 or valmet 820 you need with tracks on.:001_smile:

low loading kit is a ball ache matt, you have to leave kit lying about with stashed keys, the guys can be late so you are late, and if you have to shift a machine a few times a week it fair adds up. now if you had a machine that could do 50 mph, carry kit,carry lads, work a winch,chipper,carry chip, tow a trailer/crane then wouldnt that make sense mate.