We stand with you France

doddie82

theres a difference between spending billions on your own ego and spending money on helping out an old friend...

Nothing to do with ego when future oil reserves are in the picture. Also, I assume the friend you are talking about is the same friend who refused to back Britain when her sovereign territory was invaded?

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't see why the fact it was heading home matters in the slightest. It was an enemy ship, operating at the very limit of the exclusion zone, so was judged to be a threat.

Was it immoral to shoot down German bombers after they'd already dropped their payload on London as they were only on their way home!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Given that Thatcher felt she had to lie about the details of the incident, I'd say it does matter that it was heading away from the conflict zone...

As to German Bombers, another day, another thread..

Nothing to do with ego when future oil reserves are in the picture. Also, I assume the friend you are talking about is the same friend who refused to back Britain when her sovereign territory was invaded?

Future oil reserves, what has oil to do with anything...

Sovereign territory, now your confusing me...

Of course I understand wanting to show support for a nation in mourning, a nation who has had its innocent citizens slaughtered. But this happens on a day to day basis all over the world. Indeed only a day before the Parisian atrocities ISIS carried out attacks in Lebanon and Iraq with an equally catastrophic outcome. During this year there has been 100's of refugees found suffocated in the backs of lorries. There have been 100's of students slaughtered including 147 in Kenya alone on a university campus. Where were the Kenyan flags? The Somalian, Syrian, Lebanese flags?

Is it because we have become too desensitised to these places and its people because of the frequency of such events?

Are you waving the French flag because it is close to home, it is White, cultured, European? Is it because of the media portrayal of all these events. Indeed some of the events mentioned barely warranted a paragraph in most newspapers.

Please do not think I am judging anybody or being confrontational. I am not. I am merely trying to understand why the grieving and sympathy for the people of Paris far outweighs that for people of other nations. Or at least it is shown on a much more public level.

There were candlelit vigils held all over the world last night in honour of those who lost their lives in Paris. Nothing wrong with that at all but where was the world wide candle lit vigil the day before for all those civilians who lost their lives in Lebanon? I do not get it. it should have been a vigil for EVERYBODY who have lost their lives these last few days. A vigil for world peace.

A life is a life. A child is a child. A mother is a mother, regardless of race or religion. Grief is grief. Horror is horror, whichever continent is occurs on.

As I said, not judging, just asking.

PEACE X

Are you now suggesting the FI isn't sovereign territory

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm suggesting three thousand people living in a freezer shouldn't be the tail wagging the dog...

BBC NEWS | UK | Falklands questions answered

For example, UK minister Nicholas Ridley visited the islands in November 1980 with the object of persuading the islanders to accept a Hong Kong-style 'lease back' solution to the problem.

Didn't know this, perhaps our Mrs Thatcher removed the Endurance to put pressure on the Islanders, only the silly woman miscalculated..

Instead of a peaceful takeover, she got an unexpected invasion...

But heres the thing, even back then Britain wanted shut of the place..

which is perfectly in line with what I' said...

get rid and good riddance..

Oh about the oil.... if oil is ever recovered, do you expect it to be used to pay for the defense of the Island or will it be spent enriching the islanders why we pay to defend them?..

Edited by Vespasian

Of course I understand wanting to show support for a nation in mourning, a nation who has had its innocent citizens slaughtered. But this happens on a day to day basis all over the world. Indeed only a day before the Parisian atrocities ISIS carried out attacks in Lebanon and Iraq with an equally catastrophic outcome. During this year there has been 100's of refugees found suffocated in the backs of lorries. There have been 100's of students slaughtered including 147 in Kenya alone on a university campus. Where were the Kenyan flags? The Somalian, Syrian, Lebanese flags?

Is it because we have become too desensitised to these places and its people because of the frequency of such events?

Are you waving the French flag because it is close to home, it is White, cultured, European? Is it because of the media portrayal of all these events. Indeed some of the events mentioned barely warranted a paragraph in most newspapers.

Please do not think I am judging anybody or being confrontational. I am not. I am merely trying to understand why the grieving and sympathy for the people of Paris far outweighs that for people of other nations. Or at least it is shown on a much more public level.

There were candlelit vigils held all over the world last night in honour of those who lost their lives in Paris. Nothing wrong with that at all but where was the world wide candle lit vigil the day before for all those civilians who lost their lives in Lebanon? I do not get it. it should have been a vigil for EVERYBODY who have lost their lives these last few days. A vigil for world peace.

A life is a life. A child is a child. A mother is a mother, regardless of race or religion. Grief is grief. Horror is horror, whichever continent is occurs on.

PEACE X

Hi SEAN that's good way to put it Sean when go out into city's and town we must keep a eye out on our people to help keep them safe thanks all Jon

PEACE X

Nothing stranger than human nature Sean. It's a fair point you make.

Average 2-3k UK road fatalities per year for past 10 years.

Hasn't stopped me driving.