Dmax issues where do I stand?

Woodworks

Interesting mate , been speaking to my dealer about one this week,and having read this thread I mentioned the DPF , he also assured me that the problem had been solved? :thumbdown::thumbdown:

That's a better response than I had from a dealer when I was interested in one and mentioned this issue, he just laughed and said "there is no such problem" burying your head in the sand sprung to mind, that and them insisting that you could still carry 1100kg when towing 3500kg meant I didn't bother taking the test drive.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a little update. Been talking with Isuzu and had this from them

"Rising oil level can be caused by a vehicle fault but can also be the result of many outside influences including but not limited to: repeated journeys during which the engine does not reach optimum temperature, abnormal periods of engine idling, high number of engine stop starts, extended operation at low vehicle speed, the use of incorrect grades of fuel or engine oil, failure to observe the recommended service regime. The owners handbook supplied with each new Isuzu includes advice appertaining to the function and operation of the DPF."

O and this "The fact that under certain driving conditions problems with DPF performance can be induced is not a vehicle fault. "

Read into that what you will

You really need to look at rejecting the truck and slinging it back at them.

You really need to look at rejecting the truck and slinging it back at them.

Yes I am now working at it. Hard to do when day to day the truck works fine but I know that diesel in the oil is going to bite me if I kept it. Also got a custom top box and modified Loadhandler that will useless on other trucks. Just a pain starting again.Talking to head office funnily enough has made the local agent more cooperative. Had a very nice call last week to say "bring it in and we will give it a good check over".

If I push for them to take it back what sort of percentage of original cost should I look for? 18 months old with only 11000 on the clock.

Yes I am now working at it. Hard to do when day to day the truck works fine but I know that diesel in the oil is going to bite me if I kept it. Also got a custom top box and modified Loadhandler that will useless on other trucks. Just a pain starting again.Talking to head office funnily enough has made the local agent more cooperative. Had a very nice call last week to say "bring it in and we will give it a good check over".

If I push for them to take it back what sort of percentage of original cost should I look for? 18 months old with only 11000 on the clock.

Are they going to try and take it back as a trade on the proviso that you purchase a new one (which should be fixed, haha)?

You have two options.

Flat out refuse to keep the vehicle, you want all your money back or they will get a bill for the days you had off work when it was in for work to the dpf. It's not fit for purpose as a work truck.

Or make the most of the 5 year warranty. I presume you get roadside assistance? keep running it, put as much mileage on it as possible, wait for it the blow up/pack up. Get recovered, eventually you will get a new engine before the 5 years is up. Cut your losses and immediately sell the vehicle when the replacement engine is fitted.

The damage being done to the engines from diluted oil will only start showing up at 50+k as it starts to wear a bit.

It all depends how decent your dealer is, there is obviously a deduction for the 11k you have put on it to be considered, so I wouldn't expect to get a full refund.

We returned a Hilux but swapped it for one that had the right plate, we had the original for a couple of months and put several thousand miles on it but the dealer didn't try to get anything out of us.

It all depends how decent your dealer is, there is obviously a deduction for the 11k you have put on it to be considered, so I wouldn't expect to get a full refund.

We returned a Hilux but swapped it for one that had the right plate, we had the original for a couple of months and put several thousand miles on it but the dealer didn't try to get anything out of us.

Your being forced to sell a vehicle that is faulty why should you be out of pocket. It's their vehicle that has caused you stress and inconvenience. I would want all my money back and compo.

I have a 16 year old Amazon that I have worked for 11 years and it has been faultless in all that time and still goes out and does a days work. If I buy a new vehicle I spread the first 3 years depreciation over 8 years I don't expect to take it on the chin after a year because the vehicle is crap.

You could talk to them nicely or do what I do turn bright green and burst out of my shirt and throw all my toys out the pram until something.

I had problems with a new transit in 1995 I got it sign written with all the faults and gate crashed a ford press day at thruxton race circuit drove it round until they agreed to sort it out.

I had problems with a new transit in 1995 I got it sign written with all the faults and gate crashed a ford press day at thruxton race circuit drove it round until they agreed to sort it out.

Now there is a thought :laugh1:

Not going completely green but not going to continue the nicely nicely approach either.

Your being forced to sell a vehicle that is faulty why should you be out of pocket. It's their vehicle that has caused you stress and inconvenience. I would want all my money back and compo.

I have a 16 year old Amazon that I have worked for 11 years and it has been faultless in all that time and still goes out and does a days work. If I buy a new vehicle I spread the first 3 years depreciation over 8 years I don't expect to take it on the chin after a year because the vehicle is crap.

You could talk to them nicely or do what I do turn bright green and burst out of my shirt and throw all my toys out the pram until something.

You won't exactly be out of pocket, whatever vehicle you have costs money in fair wear and tear, however you would not expect age depreciation to be added, if that makes sense ?

I am sure there is something in the sale of goods act regarding this.

One thing I have learnt since the issue with my last motorbike is if it has an issue and it turns out to be a known issue then reject it as soon as you can, don't allow the dealer the chance to fix it.

Out of interest what engine has your amazon got in it ?

• 8 months later...

OK I have been suckered into hanging onto this truck for a bit longer but the end is near. Dealer was very helpful and reassuring after it's last check over and persuaded me into hanging onto it. Since the last service and oil change had hoped the problems would be better as during the summer and autumn been clocking up more miles on longer trips so no problems with interrupted regen cycles. Problems have been worse than ever :thumbdown:. In 4000 miles the oil has gone from normal to max. Just had to drain some out to avoid overun. Drained out 1 litre of very thin oil/diesel mix and it's only brought the level down a bit. Seems it has gone up by at least 2 litres when it would have only had 7.5 litres of to start with.

Before and after pics from draining a litre of "oil" from the sump. The level should be between the yellow markers.

IMG_20161031_173108.jpg.937f9668be13cb30030d78018471e2e7.jpg

IMG_20161031_184846.jpg.553c257255cba754372a8509e09d70aa.jpg