Nissan Cabstar/ Toyota Dyna

mowandgo

I have been looking Nissan Cabstars & Toyota Dyna for my next vehicle. I want to switch from van to pick up. I currently have a Peugeot Boxer 2.2HDI. I was looking at a pick up version but they are rare. The Japenesse ones apeal to me as I like there lorrie look , have a great reputation for reliabilty, great shape for turning on driveways & yards & simple engieering. I have read reports of cramped interior & driving position. I know transits are beter for being comfy but i'd rather have a rough ride to work than a comfy tow to the mechanic ( never been a transit fan ).

I would like to here peoples experience with them & see the word on the street!

I've got a Dyna. It's ace for getting in tight spots, unreal turning circle and carries a load very well. Yes very tight in the cab but if you don't go far like me it doesn't really matter to much and I am 6ft 8 so everything is cramped for me anyway. As for reliability it seems good so far, I broke a rear spring (apparently not unusual on Dynas) and needed a new water pump so far in two years. Also watch out for rust on the tipper body.

I think the new shape cabstars are much roomier inside but i haven't spent loads of time in one.

I don't know if this is relevant to all Japanese trucks or just Izusu.

I think our izusu is a MUCH better 3.5 ton truck than the transit or iveco's, but parts can be a NIGHTMARE! Transits and Iveco's no problem, next day, Izusu can be weeks! The fannying we have had just getting an exhaust fitted..

Saying that we have had a nightmare with low mileage ex-council 3.5 ton iveco. It's been a right hole needing a new engine and clutch.:thumbdown:

I see lots of ivecos on tow or recovery. A shame as the are good looking trucks. Iam currently looking for a cabstar or dyna. I Transit tipper's are everywhere & just dont do it for me. I like the alternitive jap trucks. They are reasonably priced too. The only other bad point is there is not much area for sign writing. Have to think of an other way.

The gross vehicle weights are pretty much the same for each model and it is going to be around the 3500kg mark.

Having twin wheels does not mean they can carry more, it means they can carry less!

Reason being the weight of the two extra wheels gets knocked off the payload capacity.

I have a LWB Cabstar and I'm sure the plate says 3200kg gross so check first to know what you are getting. Also check the unladen weight, mine can only carry 1.4 tons whereas my old twin headlight version could carry 1.75 ton.

I have been looking Nissan Cabstars & Toyota Dyna for my next vehicle. I want to switch from van to pick up. I currently have a Peugeot Boxer 2.2HDI. I was looking at a pick up version but they are rare. The Japenesse ones apeal to me as I like there lorrie look , have a great reputation for reliabilty, great shape for turning on driveways & yards & simple engieering. I have read reports of cramped interior & driving position. I know transits are beter for being comfy but i'd rather have a rough ride to work than a comfy tow to the mechanic ( never been a transit fan ).

I would like to here peoples experience with them & see the word on the street!

Hi we have both a Dyna 300 d4d tipper its single wheel 3000kg I've had it for 6 years and it's been a fantastic truck ,the cab is really a 2 man cab great turning circle and it goes like a rocket.

We run a Man 7.5 tonner so the Dyna carries timber and logs most of the time we have fitted high sides so it does take chip.

I would have no hesitation in buying another.

Our cabstar is 3 years old and fitted with a 27 m cherry picker ,lovely cab rides and drives well and is surprisingly good off road as it is fully laden all of the time with the cherry picker at 3360 kg which helps traction.

I like it as well as the Dyna so the answer is I would have either or both,I have had sprinters ,transits and ivecos but like the cabstar and Dyna better.