Anyone started planting trees yet..?

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last tree planting job I did was 2 years ago 17,000 mixed hardwood whips with bamboo canes & spirals. Very steep ground & shale slopes (previously sprayed by helicopter as nothing else could get there) too steep for a quad to go more than halfway up the easiest slope (no chance on the shale slopes) so had to carry everything up on my back, nearly had some nasty falls, got away with relatively minor injuries though.

Trees far too close together & planting under canopies of mature trees in places (not allowed to fell any pre-existing trees) so insufficient light/water in places to comply with rules for the grant customer had.

STILL HAVEN'T BEEN PAID 2 YEARS ON so not planning to plant anymore in foreseeable future.

Have seen the site since, looks like around 80% success rate on growth.

This time last year i'd had ten days planting. Today i've signed on! Two months without work have crippled my finances.

Living the dream..

You won't be signed on for long. The grief job center will give you every time you go it will drive you mad. Meanwhile hopeless wasters will stroll. In and out without any hassle. Living the lazy dream.

That's what happened with me anyway. I tried not to sign on and as soon as I did I got a job

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...