Time for a new saw

TerryTibbs

As I have posted before, I swear by echo and am changing over to their kit as items need replacing. Not needed any spares, but the ones I've ordered break bands air filters etc have taken three days to get to my local dealer. I'm in the habit of having redundancy in my tools, in that if one topper breaks I have a spare same for ground saws etc. if you don't have that luxury three days could be an issue. I am in South Yorkshire so maybe more remote places could be an issue.

Oh yeah 620, had it two days and love it. 560xp for sale if anyone wants it?

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If dolmars are so good why aren't there many/any suppliers in the UK?

Genuine question. I mean they have been around for donkeys years but you just don't see anyone selling or using them.

One of the dealers near me sells Dolmar in addition to Efco, Makita, Shindaiwa & Stihl products. They have said they are thinking about dumping Stihl due to the number of warranty repairs & increases in spares costs they have encountered since production moved to China. In the short term they have increased the range of Dolmar products they hold in stock while they decide whether or not to continue stocking Stihl or to switch to another manufacturers products.

One of the dealers near me sells Dolmar in addition to Efco, Makita, Shindaiwa & Stihl products. They have said they are thinking about dumping Stihl due to the number of warranty repairs & increases in spares costs they have encountered since production moved to China. In the short term they have increased the range of Dolmar products they hold in stock while they decide whether or not to continue stocking Stihl or to switch to another manufacturers products.

That's the second Dealer I've heard about that is dumping Stihl for another make for the same reason. the first is moving over to Echo! :)

In the last two years, on 4 saws, I've only needed 1 spare part from Echo. My dealer ordered it 3pm and had it the next morning. Saw back in use inside 24hrs :)

Genuine question. I mean they have been around for donkeys years but you just don't see anyone selling or using them.

How many houses have you walked into with a METZ TV in the lounge? But you'll have seen plenty of Sony and Panasonic...

Yes they have been around for years but there heyday in the UK was late 70's up until 90's

Before they went to sachs Dolmar the company was flagging in design and sales when sachs engines got involved and redesigned the engines and styling they came alive and with the onset of Dutch elm disease sales went through the roof there where dealerships everywhere

then they where sold and as with all change over of business's things slowed down and the old UK importer in Manchester had a agreement with sachs dolmar and obviously kept dolmar coming in but couldn't compete with a new blue dolmar and I presume Makita used the saws design in there colours and pushed makita Outdoor power equipment and Eventually this importer went into liquidation and it all went to makita . But by then all the old dolmar dealers had gone to makita or other brands and didn't need them back , and others have said around this time they weren't the best company to deal with and parts where hit and miss and lead times where weeks not days

And if dolmar didn't push there brand then makita defianetly weren't going too when there brand is selling well , and as years go on then things get forgotten about. But luckily in there home country And many other countries

The Dolmar brand has kept going strong and they've been able to keep a foothold in the market and develop saws for themselves and makita

And hopefully the UK can benefit again from another proven brand to give users what they need in there everyday work

Iam in it for the long haul and I want to see them succeed :thumbup::thumbup:

Cheers