Britain Hating Ideology

DanClimbsTrees

Voila. Thanks for proving the my point.

I got called a 'raving liberal' by Mr Johnsonmbe above in another post :biggrin:

Can you not see that you are simply using names and terms as ridicule without really bothering to understand the point being made. Not really any different to the school play ground:biggrin:

I agree GreenGui :biggrin:

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got called a 'raving liberal' by Mr Johnsonmbe above in another post :biggrin:

Can you not see that you are simply using names and terms as ridicule without really bothering to understand the point being made. Not really any different to the school play ground:biggrin:

GreenGui, a belated apology if I caused any long lasting psychological trauma with the "raving liberal" comment!

Just to put it back in context though and to avoid "selectively quoting", from memory, wasn't it in a discussion about potential terrorist activity? I think you were railing against the intolerably oppressive police state and I may have got a bit of a hairy shirt on and used the raving liberal comment??

There's a whole world of discussion there - controls v reduction of Liberty, but perhaps another time / place.

Genuinely no offence intended.

👍🏻

Stop topping it up and the market will settle back to what can be afforded.

Good point,but to meet the rental property demands houses still need to be purchased. A buy to let mortgage repayments/interest rates will probably dictate the bottom line. You also have to be mindful that the unearned income attracts quite a high rate of tax along with the capital gains tax when you sell. All this needs to be considered before the renting game is hammered to below the point of being worthwhile. Councils dont like to supply housing anymore because its a burden on their budget, its far more cost effective for them to rent in the private sector.

Bob

Good point,but to meet the rental property demands houses still need to be purchased. A buy to let mortgage repayments/interest rates will probably dictate the bottom line. You also have to be mindful that the unearned income attracts quite a high rate of tax along with the capital gains tax when you sell. All this needs to be considered before the renting game is hammered to below the point of being worthwhile. Councils dont like to supply housing anymore because its a burden on their budget, its far more cost effective for them to rent in the private sector.

Bob

It's definitely a complex situation as you say Bob, and why would an investor buy into all that hassle (to add to your list - agency letting fees, periods of vacancy, cost of updating / upgrading fixtures & fittings, late / non paying tenants, damage, eviction etc, etc.....) unless there was a return on the investment? The answer is they wouldn't but since rent/mortgage is probably one of the largest single costs to a family, it is a major factor in achieving a decent/acceptable standard of living for a great many of the population.

Just my take on it but I believe there should be publicly owned housing stock.

It's only since the prevalence of the MBA qualified management and accountants contrived to convince public institutions that physical assets on their balance sheets should be regarded as liabilities that there has been this purge of physical assets.

The historical abject failure of such a policy would be proved by a comparison of the perceived localised budget savings as compared to the increased cost (through tax credits for example) to the central budget.

It's a total crock and instead of taking the tough decisions our politicians (all flavours) have chased the vote rather than address the issue.

GreenGui, a belated apology if I caused any long lasting psychological trauma with the "raving liberal" comment!

Just to put it back in context though and to avoid "selectively quoting", from memory, wasn't it in a discussion about potential terrorist activity? I think you were railing against the intolerably oppressive police state and I may have got a bit of a hairy shirt on and used the raving liberal comment??

There's a whole world of discussion there - controls v reduction of Liberty, but perhaps another time / place.

Genuinely no offence intended.

👍🏻

Thanks for the apology Mr Johnsonmbe.

No Lasting trauma, I found it amusing and still do hence mentioning it - I had a mental picture of you at the time as a cross between that 'Ranger Rick' character out of the film Avatar and Jesse Ventura's character in Predator:lol::lol:

Thanks for the apology Mr Johnsonmbe.

No Lasting trauma, I found it amusing and still do hence mentioning it - I had a mental picture of you at the time as a cross between that 'Ranger Rick' character out of the film Avatar and Jesse Ventura's character in Predator:lol::lol:

I'll have to look them both up to see how I feel about that.....:confused1:

I'll have to look them both up to see how I feel about that.....:confused1:

:001_smile: Not meant in an insulting way.

The immortal Jesse Ventura lines "Bunch of slack-jawed faggots around here. This stuff will make you a god damned sexual Tyrannosaurus, just like me."

and

"This place makes Cambodia look like Kansas."

followed by

"Ain't got time to bleed..."

Ring any bell?

Sorry OP for the thread creap

So where do you stand exactly?

I agree with Cameron that Corbyn does indeed hate Britain and would happily see the traditions, culture and institutions of Britain abolished so that all that was left was a neutered/gender neutral multi-cultural politically correct hellhole, a sycophantic satellite state of the EU, essentially just another hub in the utopian global village. He is also an anti-semite, a curious condition for a man who proclaims the benefits of a multicultural society.

GreenGui, I think you'll find the correct spelling is Vwala :biggrin:

I agree with Cameron that Corbyn does indeed hate Britain and would happily see the traditions, culture and institutions of Britain abolished so that all that was left was a neutered/gender neutral multi-cultural politically correct hellhole, a sycophantic satellite state of the EU, essentially just another hub in the utopian global village. He is also an anti-semite, a curious condition for a man who proclaims the benefits of a multicultural society.

Wow, I missed Cameron give that corker of a speech:laugh1: but then I don't listen to a word any of them say anymore. I am of course assuming you are quoting him directly...

BTW, Voila sounds best when spoken with a really condescending tone, the way a school teacher would pronounce it when speaking to a pupil:biggrin: