Buy an echo!!

Logrover

It's £584 inc. vat on forest and arb according to their website or is there a different one on there ? I had to look out of curiosity as it would have been interesting at £480. It didn't take 5 minutes to find that and post an actual link ;)

Yep my error there, I paid £520 for mine from my local dealer, as TCD says above I would happily have paid more as it is such a good saw to use.:blushing::001_smile:

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To anyone that is arguing against the 620sx or just echo in general I have one thing to say, go and buy one or better still, find someone that has one already broken in and use it for a day, you'll soon see why there's hype about it! I currently have 4, the 260tes, 280wes, 360tes and the 620sx and all get used regularly and none of them have cost me a penny in repairs. The 260tes was my only top handle for 2 years and it has done everything I had to do, from pruning to big dismantles and now at 3.5 years old it is still my go too saw and as I said, it has never failed me. Echo just make strong reliable tools, what more could you want

To anyone that is arguing against the 620sx or just echo in general I have one thing to say, go and buy one or better still, find someone that has one already broken in and use it for a day, you'll soon see why there's hype about it! I currently have 4, the 260tes, 280wes, 360tes and the 620sx and all get used regularly and none of them have cost me a penny in repairs. The 260tes was my only top handle for 2 years and it has done everything I had to do, from pruning to big dismantles and now at 3.5 years old it is still my go too saw and as I said, it has never failed me. Echo just make strong reliable tools, what more could you want

The only thing to want is for people to adopt an open mind,and realise that giving the big two brands total loyalty,or near monopoly, will or has encouraged apathy in the quality control.

I agree with you completely,having used ech saws for some years.

620sx just arrived and getting put to work on Saturday. Slowly replacing my husqvarna kit with echo. I will be keeping the ms460 and getting a 661. I think big stuff is stihl territory.

Let her bed in for a few tank fulls then you will have a torque monster:thumbup1:

Echo seemingly is making major effort to no longer be 3.tier brand, and they may succeed in making 2.tier in some classes after the merger (or whatever it was) with Shindaiwa - but no more than that.

I take it that your tier system is of your own creation,and you judge where to place the brands,total poppycock,do you ever have anything of worth to add to these type of threads.

echo may be a small company compared to the big two,but produce fine quality long lasting saws,as do other brands aimed at the pro user.

I believe that were you to shed your bias,you could be a positive contributer to the forum with your knowledge of saw design, but no one is going to take notice of your outright drivel such as this post.

What is your intent here,by trying to loosely discredit a brand?

Another question I ask, with respect, that will no doubt fail to get an answer, prove me wrong if you have the conviction to back your posts, or fall into the inevitable ridicule of being opinionated without basis.

I have used and worked on saws for some 27 years, and have used in a professional capacity all of the worthwhile saw brands available in the UK, and respect them all for their efforts in providing tools at a profit, some models have flopped,some excelled.

Back on topic,echo have and do provide some very reliable and competitive saws,and while your blinkered responses don't put a skin on my porridge,they appeal to my curiosity about what makes you tick.:confused1::biggrin:

I have gleaned that you think it all a big conspiracy between the brand and the consumer from a previous post of yours, (gonna contact echo as I never got a cut out of it), and no doubt that has helped them achieve the 'second tier', an accolade indeed.....

Agreed,

My Echo using friend swears by them & be nice to see them & Dolmar make some impact on the other two.

N

What is your intent here,by trying to loosely discredit a brand?

It's his Job Description, plain and simple. Proclaim to the world that the gyro/balance/outboard clutches / autotune / mass are more important than reliability / build quality / and so on.

We all know if the 620 had an H name on it and the 560 was made by Echo what he'd say :laugh1: