Am I nuts?

Taupotreeman

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, scotch that then on your bike.

And record ALL your conversations with ALL of your managers. Should of added that in the UK a diary of all your interactions and conversation, times, dates, who with etc. stands in a court of law. Obviously might not be the same for you there...

Edited by GreenGui

Yes, scotch that then on your bike.

No! If the OP has done nothing wrong he should stand his ground. This sounds like a classic case of Constructive Dismissal, it's called "managing people out of the business"........ People like this make me sick.

Life might be too short to some people but I think treat people as you would like be treated.

It's possible, I have seen it myself both ways.

Edited by eggsarascal

No! If the OP has done nothing wrong he should stand his ground. This sounds like a classic case of Constructive Dismissal, it's called "managing people out of the business"........ People like this make me sick.

Life might be too short to some people but I think treat people as you would like be treated.

It's possible, I have seen it myself both ways.

Eggs, I'm pretty sure you're right mate. I have a feeling I'm going to struggle to fight it unfortunately as I think it's coming from one level down from CEO. I've raised my concerns with H&S about what I feel is bullying (long time since that's happened to me) and the H&S manager has taken it to HR who want to meet with me. I can possibly raise a personal grievance but think with limited proof I'm pushing the proverbial up hill with a sharp stick which means I'm back to where I was but with a bigger target on my back. I'll make sure I fight for the last four weeks I'm there but don't hold out hope of it doing a whole lot of good.

Eggs, I'm pretty sure you're right mate. I have a feeling I'm going to struggle to fight it unfortunately as I think it's coming from one level down from CEO. I've raised my concerns with H&S about what I feel is bullying (long time since that's happened to me) and the H&S manager has taken it to HR who want to meet with me. I can possibly raise a personal grievance but think with limited proof I'm pushing the proverbial up hill with a sharp stick which means I'm back to where I was but with a bigger target on my back. I'll make sure I fight for the last four weeks I'm there but don't hold out hope of it doing a whole lot of good.

Don't put your Notice in. Fight these feckers!, my situation was similar to yours, only two steps away from the CEO in my case. I couldn't get any sense out of my manager, so off to the Directors I went. Like I said earlier it's funny how things change when you get right to the top (with a big pair of balls).

If they want you out, tell them it will cost them. I did....... Walked away with a fair old bit of tut in the end.:thumbup:

If they want you out, tell them it will cost them. I did....... Walked away with a fair old bit of tut in the end.:thumbup:

Had the same myself. They got my line manager to have a meeting with me to tell me my position was at risk of redundancy. Only trouble for them was that he didn't have a clue what rules applied to redundancy and so I managed to arrange a nice settlement deal with the directors to avoid a court case. Since then, nearly 400 people have been made redundant at that company. Always pays not to take what you are told by managers and HR at face value.