Deforestation and climate change contribute to child deaths in the African drylands,

Steve Bullman

The thing that will make a real difference to the third world is population control...

It seems to be that nothing we do in Africa makes a difference. In the 1980s we had Ethiopia and Bandaid, it meant we gave Ethiopia lots of food and now their population is three times what it was in the 1980's...

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brilliant timing. Today i got given a presentation to write up and present on powerpoint on ' how construction is causing the deforestation of the worlds forests ' any pointers please.

tbh, I don't think deforestation is caused by construction in Europe...

The thing that will make a real difference to the third world is population control...

It seems to be that nothing we do in Africa makes a difference. In the 1980s we had Ethiopia and Bandaid, it meant we gave Ethiopia lots of food and now their population is three times what it was in the 1980's...

I think you should elaborate your thoughts a bit more otherwise you come across as a Xenaphobe & a Bigot.

You see I agree with your footnote that we shouldn't have to accept Economic Migrants (that would be the Europeans coming here to work) but people fleeing certain death don't fall in that category.

I think you should elaborate your thoughts a bit more otherwise you come across as a Xenaphobe & a Bigot.

You see I agree with your footnote that we shouldn't have to accept Economic Migrants (that would be the Europeans coming here to work) but people fleeing certain death don't fall in that category.

Africans having lots of kids doesn't seem to work for them. They have so many that they can't grow enough food to feed them. if you live on a farm that can grow enough food for 5 people and you have a family of ten you will starve, it really is that simple...

If they had less kids they could feed them and spend more time/money on them.... Just like us europeans.....

every single environmental problem you can think of would be improved if there were less people on the planet....

Why the need for elaboration, it's a statement of logic:confused1:

A man shouldn't be labeled ' xenaphobe' just because others don't like hearing the truth.

Why the need for elaboration, it's a statement of logic:confused1:

A man shouldn't be labeled ' xenaphobe' just because others don't like hearing the truth.

:thumbup1:Very true .

Alan Savory was the opposition leader in Rhodesia and against White rule , so not a Resist in any form. [ame]

[/ame]

Terrible. There are too often large herds of goats in some areas eating down the forests. It seems in so called 3rd world countries locals have big families and so often then struggle to grow enough to feed themselves. In Australia camels, wild horses, goats and pigs are doing the same damage and making the land into packed concrete so when it rains the water vanishes instead of sinking into the ground.