recovered stolen machines, please read

Mark_Skyland

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Come on Jonny, just one piece of kit of uninsured repatriated is a bonus!

If people could take the to time etch, weld, paint stamp whatever, their postcodes, vat numbers, reg numbers - anything and then report it when stolen, the market or need then dwindles.....

Full marks to Steve Bulman for taking a first step!

Jonny? Get with the he programming!

Ffs Johnny. Steve will of put a lot of time in getting arbsafe up and running and if 1 piece of equipment is returned to someone that some scum has nicked then great ! Some businesses are unfortunate enough to have equipment nicked no matter how secure it is locked away and if someone is unlucky enough to of left something in the back of the van or on the side of a road etc by mistake doesn't make em slack arsed, we are all human !

thats what its all about really as you say, if even one people has their stuff returned it would be worth it. I would love to have greater influence to make bigger changes, ie very harsh sentencing etc, but arbsafe is the best i can do

Come on Jonny, just one piece of kit of uninsured repatriated is a bonus!

If people could take the to time etch, weld, paint stamp whatever, their postcodes, vat numbers, reg numbers - anything and then report it when stolen, the market or need then dwindles.....

Full marks to Steve Bulman for taking a first step!

Jonny? Get with the he programming!

any kit returned is good all round, its the fact that some have scant reguard for there kit & more over there employers klt, !!!!!

I am guilty of not putting my kit on arbsafe even though I was cleared out 6 months ago. I should do it I know. It's something I have been meaning to do and haven't got round to - piss poor I know.

Even if I had registered my stuff before it was stolen (£6k worth of saws, blowers etc) the old bill wouldn't have got em back as they didn't even bother to take a list of what was nicked!

I listed all my stuff when Steve first set it up but have been a bit slack about updating it since, keep saying to myself "I must do that".

Steve, would it be possible to set up a way to print or down load a list of your equipment. Just thinking of ways that it would then be helpful to businesses of having a kit list. Could then be used to aid:-

- PUWER records.

- up to date list to send to Ins.co for tool ins.

- fixed asset register for the accounts.