Corbyn Elected

matelot

What's not to like about this? Jeremy Corbyn: the green Britain I want to build - The Ecologist

(steve waits for various 'unlike' comments from a wave of Arbtalk members - but steve will continue to try and educate them).

No "unlike" from me Steve. Many of the concepts within the article I'd whole heartedly support.

If only the problem could be solved with a concept paper though. How's your confidence levels for delivery? The energy deficit is pending and decades of blue & red governments have failed (or chosen to duck) the problem of setting the long term solution.

Maybe the country would be better served by a cross party committee setting an energy (production / consumption / reduction) policy that would bind in whichever is the colour of the current government.

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No "unlike" from me Steve. Many of the concepts within the article I'd whole heartedly support.

If only the problem could be solved with a concept paper though. How's your confidence levels for delivery? The energy deficit is pending and decades of blue & red governments have failed (or chosen to duck) the problem of setting the long term solution.

Maybe the country would be better served by a cross party committee setting an energy (production / consumption / reduction) policy that would bind in whichever is the colour of the current government.

That's a good idea Kevin, but I would worry that a cross party committee would only be capable of agreeing on something pretty tame and wishy washy when what we need is a bold , far reaching directive.

It's a good start - but yes, what I really want to see is practical actions. The UKGov talk shop keeps my confidence low on things actually getting delivered like they should be.

A cross party committee on energy and efficiencies sounds like a great plan to me.... whatever it takes to get things practically achieved.

cheers, steve

That's a good idea Kevin, but I would worry that a cross party committee would only be capable of agreeing on something pretty tame and wishy washy when what we need is a bold , far reaching directive.

Exactly the problem! It's of such importance that it needs the "politics" taken out of it and the best interest of the country as the focus. I guess the problem is that people have different views on what is "best" for the country.

What's the saying - something like if you asked a committee to design a horse, you'd end up with a camel (or something like that!)

Exactly the problem! It's of such importance that it needs the "politics" taken out of it and the best interest of the country as the focus. I guess the problem is that people have different views on what is "best" for the country.

What's the saying - something like if you asked a committee to design a horse, you'd end up with a camel (or something like that!)

It's a pity that common sense does not exist any more on either side of the Atlantic:thumbdown:. Kicking the can down the road for future generations to deal with or kick down the road further is a formula for disaster every time.

easy-lift guy

It's a pity that common sense does not exist any more on either side of the Atlantic:thumbdown:. Kicking the can down the road for future generations to deal with or kick down the road further is a formula for disaster every time.

easy-lift guy

That's exactly what they (both sides of the House) have been doing for decades Ted. Neither side had the kahoonas to make the decision and then live by the political repercussions. 1 down side to a 5 year term in office.

That's exactly what they (both sides of the House) have been doing for decades Ted. Neither side had the kahoonas to make the decision and then live by the political repercussions. 1 down side to a 5 year term in office.

Kevin, Does the UK Government have term limits for the elected members or are they all lifers and go through the motions of elections?. Term Limits are surely needed here in this country, especially at the national level:thumbdown:

easy-lift guy

What's not to like about this? Jeremy Corbyn: the green Britain I want to build - The Ecologist

(steve waits for various 'unlike' comments from a wave of Arbtalk members - but steve will continue to try and educate them).

Its a like from me Steve :thumbup1: Makes me wonder what happened to Camerons promise to make the coalition the, 'greenest government ever'. Now he seems more interested in fracking than the environment to me. That Tory tree logo really is cheeky I think :sneaky2: