Brushcutter line

Kevm

Got a Husky 525RXT recently and it came with some line on the spool I forgot to ask about line when I got it and now everytime I bump it it I wonder if it will run out, so.

Should I take a trip to the Husky dealer and get a roll of super-duper expensive Husky line or just get some cheapo of Eblag?

Are there different types/grades of line? for my little old McCulloch I just used to buy the cheapest.

Thanks, Kev

Got a Husky 525RXT recently and it came with some line on the spool I forgot to ask about line when I got it and now everytime I bump it it I wonder if it will run out, so.

Should I take a trip to the Husky dealer and get a roll of super-duper expensive Husky line or just get some cheapo of Eblag?

Are there different types/grades of line? for my little old McCulloch I just used to buy the cheapest.

Thanks, Kev

The thicker the line, the tougher it is. There's also shaped and cored lines, which have different properties, but if you're just using round stuff then brand doesn't really matter.

Desert_Extrusion Quality Trimmer Line for Professionals and Homeowners

Desert Extrusion Vortex. I swear by the stuff. Even makes a cool whizzing sound when you crank up the revs.

Have given sample quantities out to my mates who've come back begging to buy more. I just gave them another 5 metres or so and told them to buy it off ebay like I did.

Top tip. Buy the large spools, it works out cheaper.

Topper tip. Soak enough to fill your trimmer head in a u let of water for a week or so before use. This makes it less brittle and it won't break as often. Although this line is tough as old boots.

Last tip. Junk the standard bump feed head and get a Portek Grass Gator or similar. Cut lengths of the line, whack em in the bucket to soak and then grab a handful and head into the weeds.

Love my setups since I made these simple changes.

Ok. so is it this one

OREGON HEAVY DUTY 4 LINE JET FIT STRIMMER/BRUSHCUTTER ALUMINIUM HEAD 111111 | eBay

How do you fit the new lengths of line? isn't it a PITA. to have to stop and fit line if you hit a wall or barbed wire and knock the length right down?

Would I be right in thinking it would be better in larger areas of brush where there are not too many stones or fence posts to hit.

Yep . Thats the one . The black plastic cone will fly off very soon . Just ignore it . I stopped replacing them a long time ago . If you get the 4 line head the nut is recessed so will not dig into the ground . I only use 2 lines but I have no guard and can make them longer . I use a Husqvarna 345RX which has a bit more grunt than yours . I use Diamond Edge 4.0mm square line which is very tough . I pre cut a hand full of lengths , soak them in a bucket of water over night ( optional) . Fitting is easy peasy . Insert the lenghth of line and push it right through to leave a short piece on the non cutting side . When you need to change it just grab the short length and pull with pliers strait out in the same direction you inserted it . Take seconds . You may be better off with 3.0mm or smaller in your machine as its a smaller capacity .

Ok. so is it this one

OREGON HEAVY DUTY 4 LINE JET FIT STRIMMER/BRUSHCUTTER ALUMINIUM HEAD 111111 | eBay

How do you fit the new lengths of line? isn't it a PITA. to have to stop and fit line if you hit a wall or barbed wire and knock the length right down?

Would I be right in thinking it would be better in larger areas of brush where there are not too many stones or fence posts to hit.

If you don't mind damaging the barbed wire or fence posts then no problem with 4 mm diamond edge.

Seriously though If you can keep the speed up it often survives contact with sheep net or barbed wire