Competition times

Jonesie

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

no i cant make any excuses frank, competition stuff and work stuff is totally diferent, i reckon a newbie would be great at this because they will spend all their time going out to the end of limbs, i learned years ago, that going miles out is scary and time consuming, and as most of my work on big trees is a dismantle then thump thump thump, watching steve and rich was great, opened my eyes. i took a swing and grabbed a limb and pulled my way along it, but that was a bid no no, so he made me climb back up and over a limb. and i have been using my side strop wrong for years i found out, i learned loads and have got a new pile of climbing kit and i even walked out a limb the other day just for you guys.

Why do they call it a work climb, like a fool I went first on Friday when it was blowing a gale and raining and climbed like I was at work but a bit quicker.

I could of had another go on Saturday but did'nt see much point in plebbing around on a prussik after watching the experts. So I got the new gear, will have plenty of time to get used to it and next is Capel haha.

10.19 damn, I knew I should of worn me other socks.

l always found cutting off big bits was more exciting than trying not to fall out a tree:thumbup1:

How do you go on when there is stuff under the branch??

I go out on almost every thing, get the brash off, for Todd to chip.

I'm guessing you have one of those fancy groundies that uses a saw :001_rolleyes: