Call from the bank

Alycidon

Pain in the posterior when I want a bottle of wine and a girl half my age has to come and verify I'm old enough to get it!

The paying in machines in my bank piss me off giving a photo copy of each cheque I put in which I either loos or need to staple into my paying in book so I don't, you'd think with this fancy technology it'd show on your account who that individual check was from and how much each was rather than, non cash paid in.

Santander machines (the new ones anyway) will email cheque receipts

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Santander machines (the new ones anyway) will email cheque receipts

But why can it not simply say on my online statement

Check payment - Mr J Smith - £475

Surely they know where the money came from and they do charge me for the privilege of using 1 of the darn machine to put the money in, at least you get an email you can print out/ save for your accounts I get a scrappy bit of paper I can hardly read.

But why can it not simply say on my online statement

Check payment - Mr J Smith - £475

Surely they know where the money came from and they do charge me for the privilege of using 1 of the darn machine to put the money in, at least you get an email you can print out/ save for your accounts I get a scrappy bit of paper I can hardly read.

I don't know. What does annoy me is if you put more than 1 in the machine at once the statement will say cheque paid in at ..... For £x all cheques in 1 total amount.

So if your not paying attention to who has paid you you cannot tell from the bank statement what the separate amounts are.

I don't know. What does annoy me is if you put more than 1 in the machine at once the statement will say cheque paid in at ..... For £x all cheques in 1 total amount.

So if your not paying attention to who has paid you you cannot tell from the bank statement what the separate amounts are.

Huh?

Just write on the paying in stubs the invoice number(s) or even the clients name(s)

Each paying in slip has an individual number (which will appear on your statement) you can then match it up with the stub in the book, and the invoice in your invoice book.

Pretty standard stuff.

Huh?

Just write on the paying in stubs the invoice number(s) or even the clients name(s)

Each paying in slip has an individual number (which will appear on your statement) you can then match it up with the stub in the book, and the invoice in your invoice book.

Pretty standard stuff.

But with the machines you don't need your paying in book so no stubs to fill in, that's exactly what I do when doing it old-school and handing them to a cashier in the rare occasions there is 1.