Regon R1 Processor...

TimberCutterDartmoor

I quite like the look of that. It's not trying to pretend to be anything it isn't and looks to be quite quick for a budget/part time use machine.

I don't like the big guard, but from the looks of the way the log is presented to the splitter, it doesn't look like the guard would need lifting much.

I couldn't see if there was a log gripper, but it didn't look as though the last log was ever a problem, even short ones.

It would be interesting to see how it stacked up againts a farmi price wise as they appear to be similar in spec.

Regarding the Hawk. I owned one for a couple of years (admittedly an early one as it was one of the first road tow ones in the uk) and it was ok. The new ones look to be an improvement over the early models in that you don't need to unhitch and remove the drawbar before you set up (which then made manhandling it a pig), but it looks as though they are still manual feed and don't have a log lift.