What job would you retrain in???

mikecotterill

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's that doing mozza? Sky installations?

Got to have a laugh at the benefits one, tho to make it worthwile I'd reckon you need a least four kids!!!

Yeah mate,3 weeks training then get your own van, your aloud 750 mile a month private use too before you have to pay anything towards it, Once you get used to it my mate says its pretty easy, Your kind of outside, Moving about from place to place, up and down ladders and dealing with the public so i doubt its too boring,

Work for the railway for checking the lines you start off on 19k and moving up to 30k, even working in the signal boxes is about 40-50k.

Spot on Ian, if you can get a job on the railways its a top job, know of a couple of local signle men and they rave about it, been in 20 odd years so cant be that bad.

When i was thirty I started re trainign as an electrician so as to have something to fall back on. I passed the first year easy but didn't do the second year. I reaslised that even with a qualification I would have no experience of actually doign the job in a persons home. So if I set up on my own I would not be able to compete with the guys who have been doign it forever. They might charge a lot per hour but its the experience that allows them to get a to done in the time.

Sound familiar?

So I realsised that the years invested in tree work were for a reason. And thats why I'm still here. PLus trees are more fun.

Exactly !!

Rule I'm with you on that, what the hell do you do when you have 17 years experience in an industry !

I may work 5 days a week for someone else

but I'd rather earn good money when I can working for myself.

If I really did re- train I'd probably be looking at teaching as a serious choice. I did alot of environmental education when I worked as a countryside ranger.